Chapter 54: Sweet Distraction

Jayden's POV

Our private jet took off at exactly ten o'clock in the morning for Rio de Janeiro after Kyra and I got our blood tests done by our family doctor, Doctor Andradey. Our results would be out in at most three days.

We had also attended a two hour long board meeting before getting on the plane. Kyra sat opposite me in the plane, typing something on her laptop. I was also working on my own work on my laptop.

She was wearing a navy blue deep v-neck minidress that showed off a perfect cleavage. It matched with the navy blue shirt I was wearing.

"Sexy outfit you've got there, Kyra. That's quite a delicious cleavage," I complimented her, sitting back in my seat.

Kyra raised her head and she puckered her lips that gleamed with red lipstick. "Thought I'd give you something to feast your eyes on."

"You can as well take it off and give me a better view. We'll both be at a major advantage."

"Give me a few hours, honey. This will be a memorable flight. You owe me a sweet distraction."

"Does that mean I can touch you now?" I asked enthusiastically, my entire body humming to life.

"I'll think about it. What are you working on? You're always working."

"A wealthy family wants to rent out our house in Malibu for their summer vacation. I'm looking into it."

Kyra started typing on her laptop again. "I've noticed that most of your apartments, houses, buildings and aircraft are up for renting. You must be making big out of it."

"Yeah. We don't use those assets often so putting them up for renting is the best alternative. What are you working on?"

"I've got nearly half a billion dollars that needs to be split up into various portions for charity purposes and sponsorship. I have to be done by the end of the week."

"That's good. You've been handling your work remarkably well. Have you talked to Monica lately? She's unavailable these days. Nick said she moved in with him."

"Everyone's busy these days. Her work's very demanding nowadays. She's dating a Scottish mama's boy who barely touches her. She dropped by my office a few days ago and she was going crazy about it," Kyra chuckled. I laughed.

"That's her second time dating a guy of that nature. She's so unlucky with those guys. I'll call her when we land and rub it in. Her life's been a mess ever since she called it quits with Layton. Personally, I think they were good for each other. They just started on the wrong foot."

"Tell me about it. Layton misses her, but his way too buried in his work to realise it. He likes her and their relationship had gone to a more than sex level. I don't know what they're planning with their love lives."

"They'll work it out. Kyle is doing pretty well with Lisa. He's never been so serious about a woman before."

"Yeah, right. They went out last night. He's so gone. I'm happy for them," Kyra commented. Kyle always sent me photos after a successful date. He was happy. Kyra and I continued talking while working on our respective work.

She was gorgeous in every sense of the word. Even the way she ate was adorable. I was such a coward when it came to confessing my feelings. I didn't want her to reject me. I wasn't prepared for her rejection. She had her own footing now and was capable of leaving whenever she wanted to. I couldn't afford that.

"I heard on the grapevine that Trevor tried to escape from prison."

"He won't come anywhere near you."