Jihyo - Too late

Requested by: EyesonmePAYATTENTION

Female reader

Y/N POV

I work up without my wife beside me.

I sighed.

We fought last night because of the same thing.

She wants me to stop the Mafia.

We argue about it all the time.

I shrugged it off and called my boys for any report.

"They will be targeting someone later" They said "Who?" I asked "We still don't know who but we'll inform you as soon as we find out" They said and I hummed.

I then called my wife.

"What?" She asked "Let's grab a dinner at our favorite restaurant later" I said.

"I'm busy" She said "Please?" I pleaded.

"Then what? We're just going to argue" She said "I'll fix us" I said "You said that countless times before but look at us, we're not working out" She said and I sighed.

"I'll pick you up after work" I said and ended the call.

I don't even know when it started.

When everything went downhill.

We were happy and contented.

But now, it feels like something is missing.

I can't figure out what is.

Time skip...

I got changed for our "date" and went to Jihyo's school.

"I'm sorry but she already left" Her workmate said "What time did she leave?" I asked "20 minutes ago" She said and I thanked her.

I tried to call her but she wasn't answering.

I went to our favorite restaurant hoping she already went there but there were no signs of her.

The boys called me "We already found out who their next target is" They said "Who?" I asked "Your wife" They said and I froze.

"Find her now" I said "She left work minutes ago" I said and ended the call.

I need to find her.

I can't lose her.

I went to our house "HELP!" I heard her voice.

I went upstairs but I heard a gunshot.

I opened the door of our bedroom.

She was lying on the floor while bleeding.

The culprit escaped.

I went to her and looked at her.

I called for help "Don't leave me" I said and teared up.

"I love you" She said "I'm sorry for everything" She said and caressed my cheek.

I cried "I love you so much" I said "I can't live without you" I said but she slowly removed her hand from my cheek.

"Change for me. I want you to stop the Mafia and live a normal life" She said and I nodded.

"I don't want you getting hurt anymore" She said "Let's meet in our next life and there, we'll be happy" She said and slowly closed her eyes.

"NO!" I shouted and cried harder.

I lost her.

The help arrived but it's too late.

Everything is too late.

If only I listened to her, this wouldn't have happened.