Momo - Dream

Female reader

Y/N POV

To show my talent is my dream but my parents are against it because I'm the youngest among their children.

They are against my dream to be an idol.

Today is my birthday "What's your wish?" My sister asked "To be an idol" I said and I looked at my parents "No. No one in this family will become an idol" My dad said "Dad" My brother said "It's okay, oppa" I said and smiled "Ready for your gift?" Mom asked and I nodded.

They gave me key for a car "It's a limited luxury car" Mom said and I smiled fakely "But I'm only 17" I said "We'll give you everything you want. We ant to spoil you since you're the youngest" Dad said and I nodded.

I went to my room and cried "All I want is to be an idol. I don't want material things" I said and I heard a knock "It's unnie" She said and went in.

"I knew it. You're crying" She said and hugged me "Unnie, I just want to be an idol but they won't allow me. It's been 5 years since I told them what I want" I said "It's too late now" I added and sobbed.

"We're just thinking about your safety" She said "I feel like I'm trapped in something because I don't get to do what I want" I said and rubbed my back.

A week later...

"Mom, there's a audition happening tomorrow" I said "It's by JYP Entertainment" I said "How many times do we have to tell you that it's a no?" Dad said "Please" I said and he shouted "NO! NEVER!" He said.

"IF BEING IN THIS FAMILY WILL STOP ME FROM DOING WHAT I WANT, THEN I WANT TO NOT BE PART OF THIS FAMILY ANYMORE!" I shouted and my mom slapped me "From today on, forget that I am your daughter because I am not part of this family anymore" I said and went to my room.

I packed my things and went down "Where do you think are you going?" My siblings asked "Leaving" I said and they grabbed my wrist "We can talk about this" They said "We've been talking about this for the past 5 years and their answers don't change so I have to make a move before I'm too late" I said and left.

I didn't bring my car but the good thing is that I have a lot of savings.

I went to my friend's house to spend the night there.

The next day...

I went to JYPE building and auditioned.

Luckily, I got in and my parents are looking for me.

I ignored them when I saw them.

6 months later

TWICE sunbaenims became close with me since I was the most popular trainee together with Yeji unnie.

Momo unnie and I spend a lot of time together since we both love dancing.

"Your parents are looking for you" Momo unnie said and I nodded.

I faced my parents "Yes?" I asked "Please comeback" They said "I'm sorry. I'm living my dreams now and I'm about to debut soon so please stop because as I said that day, I'm not part of you family anymore" I said and left.

Momo unnie hugged me and I cried "Shh" She said "What if they do something bad?" I asked "They won't" She said.

4 months later...

We did our debut stage today.

I'm so happy "CONGRATULATIONS!" TWICE sunbaenim congratulated us and we bowed at them.

"I'm so proud of you" Momo unnie said and hugged me "Thank you, unnie" I said and cried "You kept on making her cry" TWICE sunbaenims said "I'm sorry" Momo unnie said and I smiled.

A month later...

We have an interview today.

We were asked about our sacrifices to be an idol.

"Y/N, you only trained for ten months so I think you did not sacrifice a lot" The interviewer said "I sacrificed something big to be here" I said and he looked shocked "What is it?" He asked.

"My family" I said and smiled weakly "My family were against my dream. I have been telling them that I want to be an idol ever since I was thirteen years old but they really won't allow me. I ran away from home and auditioned to be a trainee" I said "That must be hard for you" He said and I nodded.

"So are you and your parents okay now?" He asked "No. We had a fight and I told them that I am not their daughter anymore" I said "They said that no one in our family should be an idol. Here I am now, an idol. I don't want to be a part of their family if it won't allow me to live in my dream" I said and he nodded.

We finished the interview and I saw my siblings "We're proud of you" They said and I smiled "I hope your parents are, too" I said "Our parents" They corrected and my parents walked in "We're sorry. We're proud of you" They said.

"We'll be leaving now" I said nd we left "Are you okay?" Lia unnie asked and I nodded.

We arrived at our dorm and I cried "Call Momo unnie" I heard Ryujin said because they know that only Momo unnie can calm me down "No. I don't want to disturb her" I said "I already call her" Chaeryeong said and I sighed.

"SHE'S HERE!" Yuna shouted.

I cried nonstop and I felt soneone hug me "Momo unnie?" I asked and she hummed "What happened?" She asked "I'm just happy" I said "My parents apologized to me and said that they're proud of me" I said and she wiped my tears.

"Unnie, I'm sorry for being a burden to you" I apologized "You are not" She said "Don't you have a practice now?" I asked and she nodded "But you need me more" She said and I smiled.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than the one with all the facts." - Albert Einstein