Dahyun - Why?

Female/Male reader

Y/N POV

I still remember the times when you said 'We'll fight for each other'.

I still remember when you said that you love me and that you can't live without me.

But what happened?

Why did you leave me?

Why did you not fight for us?

Flashback...

"Dahyunie, you're home" I said and she ignored me.

She went upstairs without saying a thing.

I cooked our dinner and went up to call you but I saw you packing your clothes.

"Where are you going?" I asked weakly "Leaving" She simply said "Where?" I asked "I'm breaking up with you" She said.

I broke down "Why?" I asked "My family knew about us" She said "And you didn't fight for us?" I asked "I can't" She said.

"But you said that you love me. Let's fight for us" I said "Please stop" She said "Please" I begged "I'm sorry but we're over" She said and left me.

Present...

It's been 3 years and I still love you.

I went to a café and saw you "Hey" I said "Y/N?" She asked and I nodded.

"Wanna talk?" I asked and she nodded.

We went on a table "How have you been?" I asked "Good" She said and I smiled.

We talked for a while "Can I ask you one question?" I asked and she nodded.

"What is it?" She asked "Why did you not fight for us?" I asked "Y/N" She said "Just please answer it so that I'll stop asking over the past years" I said trying so hard to not cry.

"Because they were against us" She said "Because they will not allow me to become an idol if I continue my relationship with you" She said.

"They let me choose between my dream and you" She said and I nodded "Good choice" I said "I hope you become happy. I'll be leaving now" I said and left.

I now know why.

But why does it hurt?

Shouldn't I be happy that you reached your dreams?

I am still hurting even though I already know the reason but why?

Why am I hurting?