Charles Leclerc - Inbox Request

'I know I'm not the centre of the universe, but you keep spinning 'round me just the same'

K A T E

Everything was dark, the lights didn't work when I tried the light switch and no one else was around. "Charles!" I called out loudly as I looked around frantically. Creeping towards the window, I heard sounds from downstairs. 

Turning my head around quickly, my eyes went wide as I walked towards the door. I needed to check out what was happening. My heart was pounding frantically, my hands were clammy and my breathing was almost non-existent as I tried my best to stay quiet. 

Stepping over the dodgy floorboards, I walked towards the stairs. I popped my head over the bannister but found myself face to face with a man in a balaclava. I tried to scream, the sound didn't leave my lips, it was muffled. 

I tried to run away, but I was stuck in place as the man continued to come towards me. He was angry, his demeanour was scary and his eyes were full of hate. There was nothing I could do to help myself. 

His hands reached for my arms...

My eyes opened suddenly, my heart was still beating frantically. "Charles," I mumbled as I turned over to get his attention. When I saw he wasn't there, I felt the same things that I felt in my nightmare. "Charles," I spoke louder but there was no reply. 

When I heard a creak out on a floorboard in the hall, I turned my head wildly, my eyes wide as I tried to stay silent. When the second creak happened, tears streamed from my eyes. 

My breathing began to get quicker as my mouth moved. I couldn't hear the sounds that were leaving my lips, as if a bullet had been fired around me and it blocked all the noise out. 

C H A R L E S

"I'm not letting you win!" Lando was shouting, his voice was so loud in my headphones. I was glad Kate was asleep or I swear even she'd be able to hear him. "I'm literally just about to cross-"

"Yes!" I cheered loudly as I managed to get passed Lando right at the last minute. "I swear, you are losing your touch." Lando groaned as I heard a different sound. Raising my eyebrow, I spoke in a normal tone, "What did you just do?"

"Well," Lando let out a chuckle. "Nothing."

Taking my headphones off for a moment, I heard the sound. It was faint for a moment, like a vibrating mumbling sound before a few seconds passed then there was a short almost scream. "Fuck," I cursed as I placed my headphones down and climbed out of the chair. 

My eyes glanced up at the clock as I realised I had let time get away from me. 

I picked up the pace as I left the spare room and rushed through to the bedroom. 

Kate was on the bed, her hair was a mess as she had her right hand almost pulling at it. She was crying and rocking as she pulled the blanket close to her with her left hand. 

"Babe," I tried to speak to her but she didn't look up. "Kate!" My voice came out harshly as I sat on the bed in front of her grabbing her arms. "Kate!" 

She looked at me, her eyes were red and puffy. "No," she pushed me away from her. "Don't touch me!" Kate was not usually hostile, it surprised me. She used both her hands to fully cover her body with the blanket. "You're not real, you're not here."

What happened? Why was she being so strange?

"Kate," I crossed my legs as I put my hands on the blanket that she was holding. "It's me," my voice was calm as I tried to explain to her that she was safe. "Kate," I rubbed her thighs over the top of the blanket. "I promise, it's me. I'm not going anywhere. Kate?"

Her eyes met mine. She looked almost broken for a second before she realised it was me. "Charles," she reached forward and put her arms around my neck pulling me toward her. 

Wrapping my arms around her, I thought about what just happened. 

"Babe, what happened?" I asked her as I played with her blonde hair as she remained close in my arms. 

She was still shaking in my arms before she pulled away so she could look at me again. She held my hands as we sat opposite each other. "It's stupid," she tried to play it off like it wasn't important. Smiling at her, I tried to encourage her to tell me. "I just had a stupid nightmare."

I squeezed her hands, "That was in your head. You are here with me, you are safe and everything is okay." 

Kate finally smiled before she nodded her head. "I know," her voice sounded more positive than before. "Are you coming to bed now?"

"Oh, damn. I left Lando on the game." I shrugged my shoulders, "Fuck it." I winked at her. "Let's get under then blankets, babe." I moved around the bed, climbing in next to her before pulling the beautiful woman close to me. "You know, I'm not going anywhere, right?"

I felt her snuggle into me, her breathing seemed to be controlled as she let out a small yawn. "Promise?"

As I looked down at her as she laid her head on my chest, my fingers stroked her hair as I smiled. "Promise."