34(TBP) - Daniel Ricciardo

"YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR MIND, GONNA MAKE THIS REALLY EASY FOR YOU"

As I drove through the quiet back roads, there was a smile on my lips as I sang loudly to the music coming through the speakers. Driving at some speed, I couldn't help myself as I put my foot down a little more before a car appeared in the distance driving towards my car. I didn't worry as the road was plenty big enough but as the car got closer I started to panic when I saw the car coming straight at me. My hands became clammy as I slowed the car down, pressing on my steering wheel as I tried to warn the other driver. 

I stopped my car just in front of the other one, the other car stopping too. Switching my engine off, I pulled the keys out as I climbed out of my vehicle. "Oi!" I shouted angrily, I was so frustrated that this idiot could have caused an accident on the road. 

The man got out of the blue Mercedes as he held his hands up in front of him. "I'm not looking for any trouble. You're the one on the wrong side of the road though."

I scoffed at him as I shook my head, crossing my arms over my chest. "Look, mate! It's you on the wrong side of the road!" Now I more than frustrated not only was he driving on the wrong side of the road, he was accusing me of it.

He chuckled, "Sorry, love." 

"Don't 'love' me," I warned him as I tapped my foot impatiently on the floor. "You are the one driving on the wrong side of the road," I leaned against the bonnet of my matte green car. 

The man walked towards me, he offered his hand to me. "I'm Daniel," he waited for me to shake his hand. 

"Well, Daniel," I ignored his hand as I rolled my eyes. "Take your posh car, your cheesy Australian accent and your words of denial and jog on. I'm already late and this," I waved my hands between us. "This is only slowing me down more."

I didn't listen to anything else he had to say but I got back into my car and drove on. My mood had soured, this morning, when I was driving, was the first time I had smiled in ages. Things had gone wrong for me lately, today was the first time I had started to move on, only to be put back into a bad mood by a rogue driver. 

Arriving at work, I abandoned my car in my spot before I entered the building. I walked fast as I headed up the stairs and into my office, my boss following me in when he saw me.

"Late again, Chloe," he announced.

I spun around and face my manager as I threw my jacket onto the back of my chair. "I would have been here on time if some idiot wasn't driving on the wrong side of the road." I sat in my chair and fired up my PC, "What delights have you got for me today?"

Derek put a couple of files on my desk, "Two viewings today. The one this afternoon is a repeat with Mr Ed Sheeran, he wants to look at the property in Camden again. This morning though, you have to go to Kensington. Your first client has a small window to view the property, so you'll need to leave in the next five minutes. Mr Ricciardo has come a long way to see this home, so let's not keep him waiting." He handed me the keys to the two homes as I picked up the files from my desk. 

"Thanks," I said as I managed a smile. 

XOXOX

I parked my car in front of the home before I walked up to the front door, unlocking it and entering the vacant home. Quickly, I scanned over the file about the home before I nodded to myself. I closed the file as I heard the door open, I looked up as I waited for the person to come through to the room where I stood. 

"You again?" Myself and the man said as we recognised each other from the car incident this morning. 

Taking a deep breath, I composted myself before I offered my hand to the man. "You must be Mr Ricciardo, nice to meet you," I tried to be professional as I bit back all the words I really wanted to say. 

He looked at my hand before he smiled, "Daniel, call me Daniel. You already know that though."

"I'm Chloe," I acted as best I could he shook my hand. "I'm the representative for L and Co homes. I deal with homes in London, I am your first port of call within the company." 

The man took his hand back first before he took a look around the room we stood in. "Spacious hall, it's very deceiving from the outside."

"These homes are like a tardis," I said as I walked behind him as he headed towards the kitchen. "This room comes fully equipped with all appliances," I gave him the rundown of the kitchen. "Just off the kitchen is a utility room with a water closet just off of it." I walked towards the other door, "This door leads to the second set of stairs to the upstairs."

Daniel leaned against the side, he seemed to have a wide grin as he looked out the window. I couldn't gage his age but he seemed to be a little older than my 25 years, yet his smile made him look younger when he did it. "I could see myself living here," he announced looking over at me. 

"You?" The word slipped from my mouth without thinking about it. 

He straightened up, brushing his jacket off. "Me?"

I tapped my fingers on the file I held. "Well," I raised my eyebrows as I looked at the brown-haired Australian man. "You can't even drive on the right side of the road in this country."

"Sorry, love. Do you know who I am?"

Looking him up and down, I shook my head. "I'm afraid I do not," I had to admit I was not one to keep up with celebrities and notable people. Working for L and Co was a way for me to make money, I wasn't one for being starstruck. Only last month, I sold a home to Chris Hemsworth, just another client in my little book. 

He laughed, a sweet hearty laugh. "How about you show me the rest of this house, then we can talk about who I am. Come on, sweetheart."

My phone was in hand, I could just google his name if I wanted to. I looked down at it before I looked back at him, "Let's have a look in the living room, Mr Ricciardo." Finding out who he was could wait, for now, this time we were spending together was entertaining enough.