3(TBP) - Mick Schumacher

'MAYBE I JUST WANNA BE YOURS'

Mick stood next to Tom, "Isn't she beautiful?" Tom looked over to where Mick was looking, all he could see was Jess and Mica. 

"Are you talking about my sister?" Tom asked his mate as he glanced back at his best friend. 

"Oh," Mick laughed. "Sorry, your sister is lovely don't get me wrong, but Mica..."

"Good luck mate," Tom shook his head. "If anything was going to happen, don't you think it would have by now?"

Mick watched as the two girls laughed with each other as they worked together behind the bar. 

Tom clapped his hands together before rubbing them. "Ok, so just tell her how you feel."

"No," Mick was not happy with that idea. 

"Just talk about it like it's someone else, gauge her reaction. You never know she might like you too," Tom tried to make his friend feel better. "But I'm just saying, we've all been friends for a long time."

Mick got to his feet, "I'll do it."

He headed to the bar, Mica and Jess were still messing around as he put his forearms on the bar. "Ladies," he announced his presence getting them both looking at him.

They both turned to him, "What can we get you?" Jess asked her as she smiled. 

Mick didn't think he'd be ordering a drink, he just wanted to speak to Mica. She was looking at him, she had these intense blue eyes that were only made brighter by the dark clothing she wore to work. "Um," he looked at the alcohol. "A cocktail, surprise me."

Jess' shoulders sagged before she walked away to grab the stuff. 

"Why are you and Tom here tonight?" Mica asked him as she stood opposite him. 

"We just wanted to make sure you both got home safely," he told her as he checked out the small tattoo that poked out from behind her right ear. 

Mica smiled, "I guess since Jess and Tom still live at home, you'll make sure I get home." She was awkward in her attempts to flirt. 

He nodded at her, "Yeah."

Jess returned a few seconds later with a sloppily made cocktail before he handed it to Mick. "Now leave is alone. We want to work in peace."

Mick sighed as he took the drink and returned to the table where Tom just laughed. 

XOXOX

When it was closing time, Mick and Tom waited for the two women. Mica and Jess clocked out shortly after closing up meeting the two guys outside. "I'm so done," Jess announced as she looked at her brother. "Let's get home before mum moans that we're late."

Tom agreed, the brother and sister saying their goodbyes before leaving Mick and Mica alone. 

"So," Mick looked at the younger woman. "Wanna get a taxi?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "We can walk. I'm in no rush."

He smiled at her, "Oh good. I have something I want to talk to you about." They began to walk as Mica pulled a red beanie over her black hair keeping her ears from the chill. 

"Okay," she said as they walked close to each other heading through the town centre. 

Mick decided to go for it. "Well, I've been thinking about this girl a lot." Mica glanced at him as he told her. "I've never felt this way about anyone before and I don't know what I'm supposed to do."

Mica bit her bottom lip as she looked away from him. She didn't know what advice to give him. They had been friends for a long time but recently she'd started to feel different about him. It started at her birthday when they shared a slow dance but nothing else happened. It knocked her a little. "If you like her," she sighed as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Then just tell her, I'm sure she'd be silly to turn you down."

He watched as she got a little cold with him. "I don't know how she feels about me. What if she turns me down?"

As much as she didn't want to help him she knew it was the right thing to do. "Why do you always think the worst? I promise any girl would be lucky to have you. Whoever she is, just tell her."

"I am," Mick stopped walking. 

Turning around and looking straight at the young man in front of her, Mica had wide eyes. "Mick," she warned him. "There is no going back once you say things like that."

He stepped closer to her, placing his hands on her arms. "It might sound stupid, sudden even but it's you, Mica. I've felt this way about you for a long time."

She put her hands on his face, her hands cupping his cheeks. She didn't speak, she wasn't sure what the right words were, instead she just tiptoed up and kissed him sealing the deal between them.