7&48(TBP) - Lewis Hamilton

'I NEVER MEANT TO DO THOSE THINGS TO YOU'

When I heard the knocking on my front door, I sighed before rolling off the sofa and managing to pull myself up to my feet. I looked in the mirror on the wall at my reflection, I was a mess today, I had been a mess for the past two months since the relationship I was in broke down. My hair was pulled back into a ponytail, I had not brushed it since yesterday after waking this morning and spending another day just laying on the sofa. Just getting out of bed was a hassle, so making it downstairs to the sofa was an achievement for me. 

I walked towards the front door as I zipped up my hoody covering my small top. Opening the door, I took a deep breath when I saw the man who had broken my heart standing in front of me. "Lewis?" I didn't know what to say as I stared up at him as I wrapped my arms around myself. 

"Elle?" He questioned as he looked at me. 

Looking at him made me feel all the more self concious right now. Oh course he looked amazing right now. Why wouldn't he? With all the money in the world and the constant worry of the media papping him of course he'd look good. "What are you doing here?" I managed to ask him as I held the door close to me, keeping him on the doorstep. 

"I had to see you," he told me as he quickly straightened his denim jacket. "Can I come in?"

My hands gripped the door tightly before I nodded then stepped back allowing him access to my home. He stepped inside, closing the door behind him as he stopped and watched me as I leaned against the wall and waited for him to tell me what he was doing here. Having him here staring at me was torture. I couldn't compete with the rest of his life, I was the one thing in his life that wasn't perfect. 

He looked up and down, his eyes taking in my outfit which was barely there. A pair of tiny black shorts with a mustard hoody that belonged to him. "I wanted to let you know I am sorry," he told me as I pulled the sleeves over my hands covering them subconsciously. "When I left you, I wasn't thinking straight."

"Lewis, don't come here saying things you don't mean," I warned him. 

"Seriously," I looked down at the floor. "Leaving you for Se-"

"Her," I cut him off, I didn't want to hear her name, not in my home. 

"Her," he corrected himself. "It was a massive mistake, I knew it the night I left. One moment I was going at it like a rabbit, the next you popped into my head. That's when I knew, you are the only one I want to be with."

I shook my head as I tried to keep my hopes bottled up, I didn't want to get excited over a few words. "If you knew then, why has it taken this long?"

He pinched the bridge of his nose as he nodded. Then he moved his hands and looked up at me. "My own stupid pride. I couldn't bring myself to just come back, I tried to bury those feelings, I tried to move on but I can't. I can't live without you, Elle."

Taking a deep breath, I tried to think of what to say. 

I had wished he would come back. I hoped we'd kiss and make up, be together and forget it all. 

Stepping towards him, I tip-toed up before planting a kiss on his lips. "Things have to be different," I warned him as I felt his arm snake around my waist.

"I promise," he said. "I don't ever want anything to come between us again." He kissed my forehead as he held me close to him. I could smell his scent, that musky, woody, minty smell that made me weak everytime. 

"Can't you just stay?" I asked him as I put my arms around his neck hugging him. "Forever?"

He held me back, his hands on my bare skin, "Forever."