42(TBP) - Daniel Ricciardo

'YOU ARE THE ONLY THING I GOT RIGHT'

Beatrice tucked the young twins into their beds, giving them each a kiss on their foreheads before heading to the door. "Your daddy will be home tonight," she told him seeing their little faces light up. "Now try and get some sleep before he returns." She winked at the four-year-olds before she switched the main light off leaving the night light to light their room. She turned and walked out of the room and headed down the stairs. 

Being a live-in in nanny was hard, it was even harder when the mother had disappeared off the scene and the father had a high profile job travelling around the world. Beatrice tried to treat those two angels the best she could but it was hard for her basically bringing up two young children that weren't even hers. 

She often thought about the fact that the father didn't use his own family for looking after them, she wondered what had happened between him and his family. 

Not thinking about it anymore, Beatrice turned down the television before tidying away all the toys that littered the lounge floor. Once she was satisfied the room was tidy, she heard to the kitchen where she put a load in the dishwasher before hanging the clothes from the washing machine on the fairer. 

There was some things that she missed from her own life. 

Now she was looking after these two children, Allysa and Harry, she couldn't have her own relationship with anyone. Telling someone you live with a man and bring up his children is a real turn off for most men. 

She was paid well though, her employer not only giving her a home, free food and whatever she needed at the home but he paid her a wage that was over four grand a month. She didn't spend much, whatever she did spend was usually on the twins, her only joy in life. 

Just as she finished her chores, she heard the door click. 

Turning her head, she walked towards the arch of the open-plan room, seeing Daniel, the children's father finally arrive home. He'd been gone for two weeks, it was a long time for the children. 

"Hi," he said to her before heading up the stairs. 

She turned back to the kitchen, she grabbed herself a glass of water before checking the doors and windows of the lower level. After ten minutes, Daniel reemerged from upstairs. 

"I hope they have been good," he said to her as he smiled at her. 

Beatrice nodded, "Always." 

He flopped on the sofa and grinned widely. 

"Are you drunk?" She asked him as she offered him the water. 

"Just a little tipsy," he admitted. 

Watching him, Beatrice sighed before placing the water down on the coffee table. "Daniel," she began to speak but he put his finger to his lips as he looked at her. 

His usual smile was gone, replaced with a sad look as he put his hands down on his lap. "Seeing those two," he sighed as he looked away from the woman who looked after his babies. "Seeing them in bed by the time I get home, it kills me. It kills me that I'm not the one tucking them into their beds." His voice was getting a little louder as Beatrice looked towards the stairs cautiously hoping the children would not hear. "I hate they don't have a mother here, someone who loves them and puts them to bed every night." 

Beatrice bit her lip, keeping herself silent. She was not their mother, she was not in any way a partner of Daniel's, but she loved those two kids more than he would ever know. 

"She broke my heart, I don't want to go through that again." Daniel closed his eyes as Beatrice looked back at him. "But I want more for my children, I want them to have a mother in their life."

She didn't know how to react again. 

Daniel looked up at her, "Do you know what I mean?"

"Do you want a mother for your children, Daniel or do you want a wife?"

He was confused by her words, "What?"

"If you want a mother for your children, then take away my wages. I love those two kids more than anything. I have given up everything in my life for the twins so don't act like those children don't have someone at home who loves them."

Daniel stood up, he squinted his eyes at the woman. "You?"

"Yes, me, Daniel."