38(PC) - Daniel Ricciardo

'YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE THE ONE'

My eyes finally opened, I looked over at my partner for the evening. Smiling, I laid back down as my eyes fluttered shut. As soon as the darkness hit me, I reopened my eyes. I reached over for my phone which wasn't where I had left it, scrambling to my feet I started to look for my phone. 

"What's going on?" Daniel asked me getting my attention as I looked up at him. 

I smiled as I spoke, "Just looking for my phone." Crouching back down, I grabbed my phone from under the bed. I pressed the side lighting up the phone, "Shit, look at the time!" Jump to my feet, I started to grab my clothes. 

"Why are you in such a rush?" He asked as he put his hands behind his head on the pillow, the blanket riding down exposing his chest. My eyes roamed his body before I turned away and concentrated on putting pulling yesterday's dress over my head. "Where have you got to be?"

Once my dress was over my head, I turned back to him. "I was supposed to pick something up an hour ago," I sighed as I grabbed my knickers from the end of the bed pulling them on before I grabbed my phone and shoes before heading out of the room. 

Heading down the stairs, I heard Daniel moving around upstairs. I managed to put my feet into my shoes as I stood in front of the door and started to buckle them. 

"Seriously," Daniel called as he bolted down the stairs and looked at me as I did up my shoes. "Faith, what's going on?"

My eyes were on him as I stood up straight once again. "I'll call you later," I told him before I headed out of his door. 

XOXOX

The evening came around quick and after this morning, I still had not called Daniel. I wanted to, I wanted to let him know everything but he'd shared a few details about himself with me and things he wanted in his life and what he didn't. I knew after that conversation I should have stopped the relationship, I should have just told him the truth but at the time, I was an idiot. I thought I could manage it, I thought I could just pretend that things would be okay, that I might change his mind. 

"Mum," my daughter, Melody entered the kitchen where I was making coffee. "Can I stay over Lucy's tonight please?" She gave me a wide smile, "We will be on our best behaviour."

My lips curled into a smile, "Only if it's okay with her mum." I nodded at my ten-year-old daughter as I picked up my mobile from the sideboard. I looked over at Melody who was now dancing around like an idiot. "But," I warned her with a tone of voice that made her stop in her tracks and look at me. "There is to be no funny business, no staying up late, no prank calls and you have to be on your best behaviour."

"I promise," Melody ran around to where I was and hugged my midsection before I kissed her hair. "You are the best!"

XOXOX

Once she was ready to go, she kissed me goodbye before she ran to the door. I was in the kitchen at this point after finishing loading the dishwasher when I heard her pull the door open. 

"Mum!" I heard Melody shout loudly, "Someone is at the door for you!" 

Rolling my eyes, I walked through to the hall where I was surprised to see Daniel standing on my doorstep. Melody was staring at him before looking back at me, "What is going on here?" She rolled her eyes before hitching her bag up over her shoulder a little more. 

I smiled at my daughter, "You head off to Lucy's. Have a good time," I kissed her on the cheek before she gave me a confused look but never the less exited our home leaving me with Daniel. 

"Mum?" He questioned as he looked me up and down. "You never mentioned you had a daughter." He entered my home closing the door behind him as he waited for my reply. 

Crossing my arms over my chest, I sighed. "You never asked."

Daniel looked at me with a sharp look, "I didn't think I would need to ask."

"I didn't mention it because you mentioned you weren't keen on children," shaking my head I uncrossed my arms before groaning.

"How old is she?" He asked me as he stepped closer to me and rubbed my arms. "You know, I just don't want my own children now, that's all. You having a daughter isn't a problem for me, you not telling me is though."

Leaning my head on his chest, I smiled to myself. "I just didn't want to... I thought it would be better if you didn't know, yet." He stroked my back slowly as I continued to speak, "She's 12, I had her when I was 16. Straight out of school, pregnant and alone." 

Daniel put his right hand under my jaw and moved my head up so I was looking into his eyes. "Look how far you have come, Boo. You don't need to hide anything, you should be proud." 

"I thought you'd be mad," I had wanted to tell him for so long but I just couldn't find the right words. "What about us?"

He pulled me even closer to him, our chests touching before he stroked my hair away from my face. "I can handle it," Daniel told me with a grin. "Just as long as you are the only one calling me daddy."