Crazy - Charles Leclerc

'Your thinking's so complicated'

Slipping my red lace dress on, I smoothed my hands over my body before I glanced at my reflection in the mirror. I ran my fingers through my black hair then smiled at myself. I reached for my clutch bag from the desk in front of the oversized wall mirror, my other hand reaching for the card that kept the lights on in the hotel room pulling it from the holder before pulling the door open. As I walked away from the hotel room, I heard the door close as I headed towards the stairs. My heels clattered on the hard floor before heavily hitting the stairs as I ran down them, the wooden bannister smooth on my palm. When I got to the ground floor, I walked through to the lobby where I looked up at the clock before noting the time was getting on.

Rushing out of the hotel, I ran out into the road towards my waiting taxi. As I headed over, some bright lights flashed at me as a car screeched to a halt in front of me, the horn sounding from the vehicle as I came to an abrupt stop holding my hands up defensively before I narrowed my eyes at the dark blue car in front of me.

"Idiot!" I snapped as I pounded my right hand on the bonnet of the car. I looked towards the driver's side, but it was just a dark shadow where the driver was. I shook my head to myself before I continued on towards the taxi, climbing in before setting off on my journey.

When the taxi arrived at my destination, I paid the driver then headed into the restaurant. Tonight was the rehearsal dinner for my best friend's wedding, she had asked me to be a bridesmaid, something which was an honour. I walked towards the party of people, my best friend, Ashleigh, who was standing next to her husband to be, Ed.

She saw me, her lips curled into a smile before walked towards me, "Running late as always, Adora." She put her arms around me and hugged me as I put my head on her shoulder.

"Well," I rolled my eyes as I pulled away from her and looked her up and down. Her outfit was beautiful, a flowing golden dress with lace sleeves with matching heels. "I must say you look amazing tonight as always," I told her with a wide grin before my demeanour changed. "But at one point I was thinking I wasn't going to make it," I played on the incident from earlier. "Some prat nearly mowed me down outside my hotel," I informed her as I wrinkled my nose before I laughed. "But somehow I managed to arrive in one piece."

Ashleigh eyed me suspiciously before raising her eyebrows, then a laugh escaped her lips. "Blue car?"

Nodding my head, I groaned. "It was dark, but it was definitely blue." I didn't think any more about her question, I just laughed as she laughed too before she smiled at me like she had a plan.

She put an arm around me, her eyes looking over at Ed who was standing with a young man, he couldn't have been any older than me. "Come with me," she said before she started walking in the direction she was looking, her arm moving me slightly with her.

I walked along with her until we came to a halt where Ed and the man were standing. "I thought that was you," Ed spoke as he turned his attention to me leaning forward and kissing me on the right cheek. "How are you?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I smiled, "I'm good thanks." I noticed the young man who had been talking with Ed, staring at me, he was looking at my face as I spoke with Ed.

"So, Adora," Ashleigh motioned her hand towards the unknown young man before she smiled. "This is Charles," I looked up at the man, his looks were captivating in a strange way. He held my gaze in a way that made me want to just stare at him and not look away. "Charles is Ed's friend from Monoco," she informed me answering any questions as to why I might not have met him before. "Charles, this is my more treasured and unreliable friend, Adora." She laughed next to me getting my attention, I looked at her and smiled, knowing exactly what she meant about me.

He reached his hand out for me to shake, although when I put my hand out he took mine held it tightly as he gave it a firm shake surprising me a little. "Nice to meet you," he said in his accent which sent shivers down my spine a little.

Ashleigh looked between me, Charles and Ed before she spoke again, a smirk on his lips as I took my hand back from Charles. "Adora was telling me a funny story about what happened at her hotel before she got here," she announced.

Ed rolled his eyes before he looked at Ashleigh, "These hotels are full of life. Maybe I need to check-in for a night. Charles told us about something that happened at his hotel too."

I watched as Ashleigh linked her fingers through her husband to be's fingers before she leaned her head against his shoulder. "Well, maybe you two had met before," Ashleigh spoke in riddles as she looked in my direction.

"I think I would know if I had met him before," I told her as I looked at Charles again.

He was looking at me normally before his eyes widened and he shook his head. "It's you," he spoke as he took a step back, just a small step as he stared at me. I was confused as he watched me, "You are the one who hit my car."

"Oh, give over," I laughed it off. "I have never hit anyone's car," I smiled as I spoke. "My car's in the garage at the moment anyway." I didn't understand, I was sure I would remember if I hit someone's car. "Help me out, Ash," I looked at my friend who was smiling.

Turning my attention back to Charles, he raised his eyebrows at me before he looked at Ed. "Does she have a memory problem?"

My eyes widened, and my mouth fell open as I stared at this stranger who was speaking about me as if I wasn't even here. Just as I was about to speak, Ashleigh laughed loudly. I knew what she was doing, and it wasn't going to work today.

"Excuse me," my voice was raised slightly making sure I had the attention of the Monegasque male. "I am right here," I snapped, irritated at his attitude.

Ed and Ashleigh exchanged a look, I knew the look very well, I had seen it many times when I was younger when I was arguing with my brother. I ignored it and looked at Charles, who seemed pretty annoyed as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Charles then spoke, "You're crazy."

I winked at him, "So I've heard. Now if you could get to the point where you think I hit your car, that would be perfect."

"Excuse our Adora, she's overly sarcastic from time to time," Ashleigh narrowed her eyes at me as she shook her head a little.

Was she doing what I think she was doing? Was she trying to hook me up with this crazy man?

"The expensive car that you slapped the bonnet of tonight, that was mine."

I turned my eyes back to Charles, "So," I pointed my finger at him. "What you're actually saying is you nearly ran me over tonight?" I was quick to correct his accusations.

He held his hands up, "Maybe we're both in the wrong tonight."

"How about," Ed put his arms around both myself and Charles. "I'll buy the first drink for both of you, then you two can keep each other entertained for the rest of the evening. Make it up to each other," he wiggled his eyebrows.