22(PC) - Charles Leclerc

'My love, my love, my love, she keeps me warm.'

My upper lip was twitching as I listened to the chat through the headphones. My eyes were glued to the telly screen as I sat crossed-legged on the floor in my living room. On top of my head, my usually straight hair was pulled up into a sloppy bun which was made worse by the large headphones that were on my head. The clothes I usually wore had been swapped for something more comfortable in the form of a stupid unicorn onesie. 

"Shawnie," I heard my name being said in the headphones. 

"I'm here!" I smiled as I heard the accent of my friend, Charles. "By the lake." 

My eyes scanned over the screen as I tried to find him before I was shot from behind. 

"Thanks," I heard the voice of another friend, George who laughed before I turned my character around to shoot back. 

I sighed angrily to myself as I breathed out heavily. "I'm done with this shit!" I snapped as my avatar was shot and ended up on the ground on their hands and knees waiting to die or be revived. 

"Come on, we got this!" Charles tried to keep my attention before I was wrinkling my nose in disgust as I stretched my legs out in front of me. 

"I'm coming off!" I shook my head. 

"If you leave now, you'll lose everything," Charles reminded me in a serious voice. "We're in a tournament, love. I'm coming to save your ass."

"Not if I have anything to do with it," George teased as I let out a groan. 

I watched the screen, waiting to see what was going to happen next as I watched my life bar slowly go down. My points were high and I knew if we did well on the tournament there would be opportunities for more but my patience was wearing thin. 

My eyes glanced at the laptop that was next to me as I watched the leaderboard being updated in live time. "Jesus," I rolled my eyes as I looked back at my telly. 

"Babe," my attention was diverted by the voice of my partner who entered the living room. I didn't turn my head but moved my headphones a little as I listened to her. "Are you coming off anytime soon? I thought we might be able to go out for dinner?"

I shook my head, "Sorry," I said as I watched Charles revive my avatar. "You can go, Hales. I really have to complete this."

"Is that Haley?" Charles asked but I ignored him as I heard her let out a loud huff. 

"What?" I didn't take my eyes off the screen as I moved my character following Charles'.

My girlfriend of six months moved and stood in front of my screen with her arms crossed looking at me. "Shawnie!" Her voice was accusing as I got up and tried to look around her. I looked at her and my eyes looked over her beautiful face. "I give you so much space, but you do know it's our one year anniversary today."

I was confused, I was sure we'd only been together six months. "One year?" I questioned as I put my controller on the sofa. "I'm going, guys."

"We're never going to win now!" Charles complained as I looked in the bright green eyes of the woman before me. "That's it, no chance of that 100 grand."

My lips curled into a smile as I walked towards Haley. "I don't need the money," I lied as I happily thought about what I had in front of me. "There's always next time, love," I reminded him before I took my headphones off, chucking them on the sofa before I leaned forward and kissed the love of my life.