Second Chance - Mick Schumacher

3  Y E A R S A G O

Madison Holland was on top of the world. Being signed to Prema racing at the start of the season had made her year start with a bang, making it F2 was a massive achievement, especially for the girl who had begun training so late in her life. Not only was she signed to a great team, but she also found she was paired with the best teammate, Mick Schumacher. 

They had hung out previously before she'd been signed, but becoming his teammate seemed to cement their friendship. She knew that he always had her back, as she did with his. They seemed to bounce off of each other, boosting each other's careers, Madison doing her damn best to get Mick into the top spot if she could because she knew that he deserved it not that she didn't ever take wins for herself. By the mid-season break, Mick had a tidy four 1st places under his belt, Madison had two 2nds and one third.

To celebrate the last race of the midseason, everyone was going out for a few drinks before heading home for the break. "You'll pick me up, right?" Madison asked Mick as she hitched her bag upon her shoulder. "I don't want to get a taxi alone."

Mick smiled at her, "Of course. I still don't know why you choose to get a hotel miles away from everyone else, though." He walked closer to her and handed her the other bag, which was on the floor. "Make sure you are ready though, Schlafmütze."

Madison eyed him closely before she laughed, she was still unfamiliar with the German terms he used. She was started to think he was doing it to wind her up and to be honest, not knowing what it meant did annoy her. "See you later, Mouse," she used her own nickname for him knowing it annoyed him. 

XOXOX

The evening came around too quickly, Madison rushed to put her makeup on before straightening her auburn hair. She wanted to make an impression tonight. Since she'd started working with Mick, she had a feeling there could be more between them. The banter they started recently had been more and more on the flirty side, the looks they exchanged could be confused as more than two friends exchanging them. 

When Mick messaged her to say the taxi was outside waiting for her, she rushed to grab her shoes and bag before slipping out the hotel room allowing the door close on its own. In the lift, Madison slipped her feet into her heels, preferring to rush than time her time. Once the elevator got to the ground floor, she headed outside and to the waiting taxi. Carefully she climbed into the back seat next to Mick, smiling in his direction. 

"What are you wearing?" He joked as she looked her up and down as the taxi started to move. "I'm sure I can see your knickers," he winked at her. 

Madison rolled her eyes at him, "Maybe you can see them later."

He didn't disagree with her, he just smiled in her direction before he laughed a little. "You wouldn't know what to do, Schlafmütze."

At the club, Mick and Madison found themselves surrounded by their racing friends. Madison found herself sitting between Mick and Artem, someone else who she had grown attached too. As drinks were brought over, Madison found herself getting lost in the music and the alcohol that she was consuming at a faster than average pace. 

"You know," Mick leaned closer to Madison and smiled at her. "There is no rush, we have all night."

She turned and looked at him, her tall glass in her hand, only half full of her favourite cocktail. "I have an idea," she placed her drink on the table and put her hand on Mick's arm in a flirty fashion. "Dance with me."

"Oh," he tried to shrug her off. "I can't dance."

Madison got to her feet and pulled him up with her, "Just this once." She gave him her best puppy dog eyes as she held his right hand, her bottom lip stuck out as she awaited his answer.