20(PC) - Lando Norris

'How can we love, like this, I guess life is like a rollercoaster'

My lips curled into a smile as I walked out of the public toilets and looked over at my bunch of friends who were waiting for me. As I walked towards the group of lads, I heard my phone ringing from my back pocket, my distinct ringtone of my best friend's voice shouting something random grabbing my attention. Reaching into my back pocket, I stopped on the spot when I saw the name of my doctor's surgery flashing across the screen. 

I couldn't help but feel confused by their call, I had been in recently for a blood test but they usually sent results via letter or text. I pressed on the green phone on the screen before putting it against my ear, "Hello?" 

"Hello, is that Kizzie Stephenson?" The voice of a woman asked. 

Turning away from my friends, I walked to the left as I spoke again, "Yes."

"Hi Kizzie, this is Doctor Pearce, I wanted to call you to talk about your recent blood test. Is there any chance you can come to the surgery?" 

"I'm at Alton Towers today," I told her as I stood around the side of the toilet block. I knew my friends were waiting for me but I didn't want to share my conversation with them. 

On the other end of the line, I heard a sigh from the doctor before she spoke. "Kizzie, I wouldn't normally share such information over the phone but given the nature of your location, I feel like I should." I was confused as I listened until she told me what she'd found. "You're pregnant."

"What?" I blurted out, my voice was loud almost a shout as I used my spare hand to rake my fingers through my blonde curls. "I can't be," I didn't want to believe her words. "Are you sure?"

"I'm sure," Doctor Pearce said. "I would refrain from going on any rollercoasters, drinking or smoking until you have processed this information and know what you are going to do."

Biting my bottom lip, I felt tears fill my eyes as the consequences of my actions came back to haunt me. "Thank you," I said not wanting to know any more. I didn't want to hear anything else, I was quick to end the call before putting my phone on silent and taking a deep breath. 

When I returned to my group of friends, there was no questions about where I had been or if I was okay, these guys didn't ask questions like that. An arm was slung around my shoulders though as we walked towards the queue for Nemesis.  Turning my head, I forced a smile as I looked up at the man who stupidly sent me mixed messages. 

"Kiz," he looked at me with a raised eyebrow. I forgot that he could read me better than anyone else I know, even my parents. "You okay?"

Nodding, I looked away from him before I slipped away from him and headed to the front of our friendship group, walking between Justin and Jack. I listened to their conversation as my mind wondered to my situation. Once we came to a halt in the line, I leaned against the fence as I blankly stared at the man who I knew I needed to speak to. 

Maybe walking away from him earlier had been a mistake, but I didn't want to tell him anything at this moment in time. I didn't even have time to get my head around it myself. 

"You and Lando fell out?" Justin leaned against the fence as he stood next to me. 

Turning my attention to Justin, I sighed before I smiled. "I'm just tired," I lied. 

"Come on," he nodded his head before we moved forward heading further forward. 

Getting here so early was a good idea at the time, we'd arrived early enough that we would have a few minutes wait before getting on the ride. That was a good idea, before my doctor rang me, now I knew I was wasting a day. 

"I'm not feeling so good," I told Justin as I leaned my head on his arm. 

Justin moved away before he stood in front of me as I removed my sunglasses, "You're looking a bit pasty, Kiz. Jack!" He called his brother before he pointed to his bag, "Give us some of that water." As soon as Jack handed it over, Justin was offering it to me. 

Taking the bottle, I held it in my hands as I stared at it like an idiot. "Thanks," I mumbled as I finally opened it before I took a small sip. I offered it back but Justin shook his head. 

"You keep it," he said before we walked closer following before we were ushered into slots for the next ride. 

I held the bottle tightly as I looked over at Lando, he was not on the row behind us before the next one. He hadn't noticed my staring, I just couldn't help myself. 

Jack nudged me, "So, when are you two going to make this whole thing official?"

Looking up at him, I was wide eyed. I thought only Justin knew, "You know?"

"Oh yes," Jack nodded. "So...?"

My eyes returned to Lando who was still chatting to our other friends, "It's probably not going to happen." Lando knew me inside out but I knew him just as well. I knew exactly what was going to happen between us when I told him about my new pregnancy. 

"Next ride," the attendant called out. 

I looked at the ride which was waiting for us, I walked over and placed my water bottle in a slot before I sat in the seat on the end next to Justin. My mind thought back to the Doctor's words, this was wrong, even if I had not made a decision, doing this was irresponsible. 

"I can't do this," the words were quiet as they left my lips. I climbed back out the seat, Justin looked at me sadly although he probably just thought I was still feeling unwell. 

"Do you want me to stay with you?" He asked me as he got up from his seat. 

Shaking my head, I put my hand up to him before I stepped on the platform where the bags were. 

"Kiz!" Lando called my name out, I looked at him and he got out of his seat telling the attendant he wasn't riding either. 

He walked over to me as the attendants checked the ride before sending it on it's way.

Taking my water, I walked away from the bags and out of the ride area. 

"Kiz, what's going on?" Lando asked as he followed me. 

My hands were shaking as I stopped around the corner of a building. Lando joined me as he looked at me with worry on his face. 

"I need to tell you something," I whispered as he stopped in front of me. 

Lando put his hand on my cheek as he stepped closer to me, "Anything, babe. Just as long as you don't tell me you're pregnant. I don't want to have a baby," he laughed. 

No laugh left my lips. I felt the drop in my face as he joked and he must have sensed my awkwardness as he took his hand back and looked at me with a hard face. "You're not, are you?" He asked me his tone serious and accusing. 

I opened my mouth to speak, I was unsure what he wanted to hear. I just wanted to tell him the truth. I hoped he wouldn't take it this bad and I hadn't even told him anything yet. 

"Yes," I breathed as I kept my eyes on him. 

He shook his head as he stepped even further back. "Kiz, you can't have a baby. I can't have a baby," he ran his hand through his short hair as he bit his bottom lip. He stepped towards me, he demeanour scaring me a little as both of his hands came either side of my hand almost slapping against the wall. "Kizzie, it's not happening. Tell me you're lying."

"I can't," I was quiet as I looked him in the eye. "Please don't-"

Lando moved away from me, "I can't even," he stopped himself as he turned away from me. "I knew sleeping with you was only going to get me into trouble."

His words were painful, I want to get pregnant either but here we were. I nodded my head slightly to myself as I breathed in heavily. "You think you are so innocent," I walked away from him as I headed away through the large gathering of people which had started to fill the theme park now that it was fully open. 

Looking back for a second, I didn't see him following. 

I put my hands into my pockets as I headed ot the exit. I couldn't spend anymore time today in his presence.