55(PC) - Lando Norris

'But there never seems to be enough time, to do the things you wanna do, once you find them'

Pulling onto my street, I raised an eyebrow as I noticed my friend's car parked outside my home. I sighed before I pulled up behind the car and stepped out of mine before walking towards the driver's door of Lando's car. I noticed he was sleeping, I had been out for the day and it was getting late. 

Tapping on the glass, I smiled as he jumped when he heard it. 

I stepped back as he opened the door, stepping out. "I'm so glad you're home, Gen," he closed the door of his car behind him as he looked at me. 

"Lando," I looked him up and down. He looked like he'd been crying before he'd fallen asleep. "What are you doing here?"

"I have no where else to go," he told me as he held his hands out as he spoke.

Walking towards my home, I could hear his footsteps behind me. "Not going to Jaime's tonight?" I asked him, my tone was a little spiteful as I asked. 

I heard him let out a long breath before I stopped at the front door to unlock it. 

When I entered the home, stepping into the kitchen, I allowed him to follow me inside. "Okay," he said as he closed the door behind himself. "What do you want me to say?" He asked as he flicked the light on. 

Turning back to face him, I shook my head before I began to fill the kettle up. "I don't want to talk about it," I felt my left eye twitching as I watched the water running. 

"Gen, I'm sorry, okay?"

I put the kettle on the stand before I turned around and leaned on the side as I crossed my arms over my chest. "First of all, sorry doesn't really cut it, does it?" I felt the anger rising in me as I blinked slowly. "It's been what," I pretended to think about it as I wrinkled my nose, "4 months, now?"

"Gen, come on," his voice was sad as he spoke. 

"You wanted me to introduce you to Jaime," I told in a quiet voice as I thought about the day he'd asked about her. "I told you she was trouble."

"She was your friend," he reminded me as he zipped up his jacket as he looked at me. "Why did you introduce me if you knew."

I reached into the cupboard and pulled out two mugs as I spoke. "Because you are my friend, Lando. You were my best friend and you knew I would do anything for you." I hated talking about this. "When you showed your interest in Jaime, what did you expect me to do? You wouldn't have been very happy if I had said no to introducing you two."

Lando sighed as he rubbed his temples. "Come on, Gen. I would have accepted it."

"No," I shook my head as I looked at him. "If I didn't, you would have assumed something was up."

He raised an eyebrow, "Is anything up?"

"What?" I was shocked as I looked away from him as I tried to busy myself with filling the washing up bowl. "Of course not."

Lando laughed before he tried to see her face. "Genevieve, are you jealous?"

My eyes returned to his, I was happy to see a smile on his face as he laughed at me. "Lando Norris," I grinned as I stared at my friend. "I would never. I have a question for you though." I tilted my head to the side as I turned the tap off without looking. "What are you doing at mine, Lando? You have some of the best friends in the world, you have anyone to could see, why have you come to mine?"

He rolled his eyes, "Because it's my fault we haven't spoken in such a long time. Because it's my fault we are in this situation. I don't ever want anything to come between our friendship again."

"Oh, Lando," I pretended to swoon at his words. "Well if that's how you feel," I put my right hand on my chest. "I guess we best get married. I cannot bear to spend another day without you," I teased him as I played around. 

Lando pulled me closer to him, tickling my sides, making me laugh before he responded in the same patronising tone with the same flirty banter. "We'll go to the registry office today. We should start on the baby-making process straight away."

I ceased laughing as I looked at him with wide eyes. "Eww, Lando!" I pushed him away as I shook my head. "Make us a cup of tea and maybe we can talk about our upcoming nuptials more. I cannot promise any guarantee of 'baby-making'." I used air quotes as I said it before I shook my head. 

He laughed before he turned away and began to do as I asked, a playful look on his face.