7(TBP) - Daniel Ricciardo

'WHEN I'M FALLING DOWN, WILL YOU PICK ME UP AGAIN? WHEN I'M TOO FAR GONE, DEAD IN THE EYES OF MY FRIENDS, WILL YOU TAKE ME OUT OF HERE?'

"So, Candice and I broke up," Daniel confided in me. 

His words got my attention as I turned my head to look at him, I ignored the fact that my make up was half done. "Why? What happened?" I asked him as I turned my whole body to face him. "Daniel?"

"I called it off," he told me as he smiled. 

I was confused, I thought it would something to be sad about. "I thought you were head over heels for her," I laughed as I raised my left eyebrow. "You were going to propose."

He sighed as he looked away from me, "I know. You know when you get a sign, like it's not meant to be."

Rolling my eyes, I stared at his stupid face. I could not quite remember how I met Daniel, I think he was just at a party I was invited to and before I knew it he was everywhere. At the time when we first met, I didn't have a clue who he was, not that it mattered. Now, he was one of my closest friends and the fame he brought with it was something I had learnt to live with. 

"Give over, Daniel," I shook my head before I turned back to the mirror. Picking up my blush brush, I ran it over my cheeks as I spoke, "You don't believe in all that nonsense, do you?" My eyes met his in the mirror as I waited for his answer. 

Daniel shrugged his shoulders, "I dunno, Brooke. I guess I just want something else."

"What are you talking about?" I asked him as I raised my eyebrows. He sighed as I got up and sat on the sofa opposite him in the armchair. "You're Daniel Ricciardo, you could have anyone or anything you want. I know you are in love with Candice, so what really happened?"

He closed his eyes before bowing his head. "You."

"Me?" I asked as I let out a small, nervous laugh. "What are you talking about?" Suddenly, the conversation between us didn't feel like it normally did. Usually, when I spoke to him I could say anything, there were no secrets, nothing that could not be shared. 

Daniel didn't look up as he spoke, "One night I was with Candice, you know? One moment I was going at it like a rabbit, the next you popped into my head."

My eyes widened as he finally looked up at me as he watched my reaction. "Careful," you warned him as you changed your tone of voice from easygoing and playful to one that almost sounded like a mother. 

His fists balled in front of him as he smiled. "No, honestly, Brooke. I think it's a sign."

"No way am I taking the blame for this," I shook my head as I packed away my make up. I got to my feet and turned to him, "Daniel, you can't-"

My words were halted by a banging at my front door. I bit my lip as I turned my eyes to the living room door before I looked back at him, he looked a little sheepish as I sighed loudly. 

I left the living room and went to the front door, I didn't need to look through the peephole to know who was on the other side. Unlocking the door, I took a deep breath before I opened the door and came face to face with Candice. Her blonde hair shined in the sun, her massive blue eyes were red and lacked the usual sparkle they held. "I should have known it would be you!" She was angry as she spoke, her right forefinger pointed at me. 

"Look, Candice," I started but she had more to say. 

"No!" She stepped forward pushing herself into my home. "You! Why you?" She looked me up and down as I let her judge. "You are so plain, you don't even go to the races, you don't support him, you're not even special!" 

Crossing my arms over my chest, I listened to her rant before I spoke quietly. "He's one of my closest friends, Candice. I don't need to be there to support him." I leaned on the wall as I watched her carefully. She was so beautiful, I could see why he would want to be with her. 

"I love him," she told me. Her voice was getting louder and more high pitched with every word she spoke. 

I heard a noise from the living room like something had been dropped, I closed my eyes, for a second, knowing she heard it too. She stormed into the living room where she stopped abruptly. "I should have known!" She was basically shouting. 

My eyes looked at Daniel who was sitting in the chair still, "There's nothing going on between Brooke and me." He tried to tell her but she wasn't having any of it. 

"You!" She turned back to me, "You've done this!" She was quick to draw her hand back and slap me across the face, my body almost in shock as she hit me. 

"Candice!" Daniel shouted her name silencing everything. The blonde turned and looked at him, her face was angry. "Let's go," he walked towards her grabbing her arm. 

I watched as I frowned, I was confused as to what was happening but I wasn't going to complain. As soon as they were out of the house, I closed the door behind them before I put my forehead on the door and let out a few tears. They were mainly tears of frustration as I few the adrenaline leaving my body. My face was almost burning and my body was shaking as it all caught up with me. 

Fucking celebrities and their crazy partners.