Kiwi - Daniel Ricciardo

'HOLD IT IN, NOW LETS GO DANCING'

Standing at the bar, I rolled my eyes as I waited for the barman to come over and take my order. The problem with having a party in a hotel was the fact there was only one bar in the room where the party took place meaning that I was not having to wait for a drink. It wasn't my party though, I had only tagged along with my brother since he'd ended up coming to stay with me whilst he was in England. Sure, there was a party but that wasn't the real reason my brother had come to England, he'd come here for a work opportunity. I didn't care about that though, this party, on the other hand, was something I wanted to be at, with a free bar and beautiful men everywhere I was in my element. 

Once I had finally got myself a large white wine, I headed to the table that my brother was sat at, only he wasn't alone this time. I took the empty seat next to my brother since my old seat had been claimed by my friend of my brother's, Daniel Ricciardo. 

"So, I'm here in England to go over it all." My brother ended his conversation before he looked at me, "Happy now?"

Nodding my head, I smiled. 

My brother, Brendon looked back at Daniel. "This is Nix, my sister," I looked over at Daniel and smiled. "This is Daniel, a good friend of mine."

"Nice to meet you," he said with a wide grin. "Nix, it's pretty unusual."

I noted that his nose was a little too large for his face but it didn't matter when you looked into his eyes. They were so beautiful and full of life, something about the way they seemed to have a sparkle in them made him intriguing to the Kiwi. Smiling, I replied, "My name's Nixon." I looked over as my brother got to his feet. "Brendon?"

"I'm just going to get myself a drink now, gotta find the birthday boy too." He over at Daniel, using his first two fingers motioning to his eyes and then to Daniel as he laughed. "I'm watching you," then he looked in my direction. "Behave you."

Watching as he walked away, I wanted to roll my eyes but I realised I did that a little too much. Turning my head back to Daniel, I put my right hand around my wine glass. "Seems like there is little faith in us," I joked as I scooted over onto the chair my brother had sat in so I was directly opposite Daniel. 

"I know why when it comes to me, so what have you done?" 

Grinning, I shrugged my shoulders. "I guess he knows me a little too well."

"Tell me then, Nix, are you a bad girl?" Daniel's voice was hushed as he asked. 

Leaning forward, I raised my eyebrows. "A little personal for a first time meeting, I mean we've not even been talking for five minutes."

"Best time to find something out about someone." He was a cheeky one and I was going to play along with him. 

"I could tell you," I picked up my wine and took a large mouthful before I placed it back down on the table. "Or I could show you."

His eyes widened as he heard the answer. 

"Sorry, I thought you wanted to do this," I laughed. I leaned back on my chair as I smirked. "You know that Kiwi's play to win," I reminded him as I crossed one leg over the other, my right foot knocking against his leg under the table. 

Daniel chuckled, "So, you want to play."

I ran my foot against his leg as I stared into his eyes. "I always win, Daniel." It felt strange using his name but I did it to let him know I was in. Looking away from him, I glanced over at my brother who was chatting to Jenson before I turned my attention to Daniel. "Besides, we wouldn't want you getting into any trouble, would we?"

He stood up, offering his hand out to me. "Dance with me," it didn't sound like a choice more of a demand. 

Putting my hand in his, I got to my feet as I let him lead me to the dancefloor where the music was relatively upbeat. I moved in time with the music, my lips in a constant grin as I looked at him throughout the song. I watched the way he moved, he was quite flexible in his movements something that surprised me. 

"You're better at this than I thought you'd be," I teased him as the song fizzled out before another started to play. 

He winked at me, "Dancing is just one of my many talents."

Raising my eyebrows, I stepped closer to him as I danced, the new song picking up quickly. "What other talents do you have?"

"I could show you," he said repeating words I had used earlier. 

This sounded like an offer I couldn't refuse. "This is crazy," he told me as he shook his head. "You're Brendan's sister," Daniel pointed out. 

Rolling my eyes, I smiled. "And you're Daniel Ricciardo. You don't see me complaining though."

"Complaining about what?" I swear my brother just appeared from nowhere when I looked at him at my side. 

"About you staying at her place," Daniel wound up Brendon before laughing. 

I shook my head before I laughed, "Ignore him. I should go and find Jenson, give him my love." Leaving the two men, I smirked to myself before heading off towards Jenson, I knew he'd be disappointed if I didn't wish him a happy birthday.