70(PC) - Kevin Magnussen

'Every time I look at you, I can't believe I've found a love so true'

When Kevin came back in from his race, he removed his helmet and balaclava before our eyes met. His attention was pulled away with Romain approached him and they began to chat about the race. 

I rolled my eyes but smiled to myself as I placed my headphones down. As I stepped forward, I felt a pain on my right leg. Looking down, I realised I had stepped too close to Kevin's F1 car which had taken some damage in the race and the sharp edge had scratched my leg. 

"Najae," I heard his voice as I looked up at him and then back to my leg as I felt his hands on my arms. "Oh my God, is that blood?" 

Nodding my head, I looked back up at him as I felt my insides twist and turn. I knew what was coming next as I felt the room begin to spin before the weightlessness and darkness overtook me. 

XOXOX

When my eyes opened, I saw Kevin looking over me along with a man and a woman in uniform. Reaching for the mask over my mouth, I felt the woman push my hand away. 

"You have to keep it on," she told me. "Just for a minute."

Looking at Kevin, I couldn't help but feel so embarrassed. 

We'd been together for a year and I had neglected to tell him about my fear of blood. And now, he knew. Oh, he definitely knew as I laid on the filthy floor of the car garage surrounded by his work colleagues. 

"Najae," he spoke my name quietly as he held my right hand. "How are you feeling now?"

I wanted to laugh and cry. I wanted to run away and never see anyone in this room again. If only the floor could open up and suck me under, I wouldn't feel the shame I felt now. 

Taking my mask off, I sat up with the help of the woman who pulled me to a sitting position. 

"I feel like an idiot," I put my head against his chest not caring how sweaty he was right now. "Please can you get me out of here."

Kevin chuckled as he put his arms around me, I zoned out but I could hear him talking to the paramedics. I didn't want to hear anything else about how I was. I was fine, it was only my ego that was bruised. 

When we were alone for a moment, I felt him cup my cheeks as I moved my head off his chest. "I'm such an idiot," I told him as I blushed. 

He placed a kiss on my forehead, "You're my idiot though." He stood up before he helped pull me to my feet. "I have a few things I need to do before we can leave," he said as he held me close to him making sure I was steady on my feet, my eyes on him not daring to look at my leg. "Mari is in Romain's room though, join her there," he told me. "She'll look after you until I'm done and I'm sure she won't have anything bad to say." 

I laughed mostly at myself as I tiptoed up to kiss him on the lips, just a quick peck before I stood back down and looked at him with a grin. "I love you, Mr Magnussen."