14(TBP) - Max Verstappen (P5)

'GOT A HOLE IN MY SOUL GROWING DEEPER AND DEEPER'

5 Y E A R S L A T E R

"Promise me you'll be back," Lauren said to her friend CJ as they hugged outside of the airport. "No one goes on holiday alone."

"I just need some rest after the Carrington deal," CJ assured her friend as she pulled away from her. "It's a week, one week and I'll be back. You get the flat to yourself, have a bloody party, do whatever you want. Just answer my facetime when I call you from the pool," she laughed as she hitched her handbag up on her shoulder. 

Lauren chuckled at her friend's words, "Have fun. Bring me something pretty back."

CJ nodded as she pulled Lauren into another hug, "I'll be back before you know it. All this fuss will be over nothing."

XOXOX

When CJ arrived at the hotel, she took her bag from the taxi before heading to the check in desk. Being in Spain felt weird for the young woman, so much had changed since she last entered this country. She needed a holiday and her trusted her assistant to book her somewhere nice, Spain was nice but it filled her with memories of Max. 

Standing at the reception desk, she pulled her sunglasses down as she checked in before she was given her key and directions to the room. CJ pushed her sunglasses up, her brown hair falling back into place as she took her small case and headed towards the lift which would take her to the floor to find her room. 

She didn't see many people, only a few people who were headed to their rooms as she stayed in the corridor. The room she'd been given was on the top floor and when she entered she was delighted to find she had a pool view room which looked out at the beach further afield. 

A quick change into a pastel floaty dress with a pair of tan sandals and CJ headed out of the hotel room to catch some sun and enjoy the time she had here. She walked outside once she got to the bottom floor, her lips curled into a smile and her sunglasses shielding her from the sun which was blinding. 

Sitting at a table, a barman took her order as she sat on the veranda and looked out at the views. She enjoyed the drinks being brought to her, relaxing in the sun and forgetting the rest of the world for the moments she sat there. 

CJ couldn't help but watch the people that were at the hotel, there was a few families here but it was mostly adults, young adults in groups. She did not feel alone, she was glad she did not need to entertain nor impress anyone. 

Her eyes cast over people before she noticed a face she didn't think she would. Laying on a deck chair by the pool was Victoria. CJ stood for a moment, she wanted to check it was definitely her. Returning to her seat, she drank her drink as she watched over her. 

As time passed, a man joined Victoria but he didn't seem to be someone CJ recognised which threw her into doubt as to whether it was actually the person she thought it was. An hour later, CJ noticed someone approach the couple, the man who had joined them was dressed in smart shorts and a white tee shirt. She breathed in heavily as she watched, when the man turned she felt her heart skip a beat as she stared at the man she had left all those years ago. 

Of course, she was sure he did not see her. She was a random person in sunglasses drinking in the day, no one important. She doubted he would even remember who she was. Instinctively her hands reached into her handbag before pulling out her bunch of keys, her hand tightly holding the blue angel wings keyring then looking back up but they were gone.