17 - Charles Leclerc

Everything was hectic in the Ferrari garage, Charles and Sebastian were huddled around Mattio who was trying to calm the atmosphere. Things were tense after their last race, Sebastian wanting to be the best and seemingly in Charles' mind being handed that win. 

"If you even think about doing it again-" Charles started to threaten Sebastian who laughed cutting him off. 

A smirk crossed Sebastian's lips, "What exactly are you going to do about it?" He winked playfully to his co-worker. 

Charles stood up straight, squared up to his co-worker as Mattio stood up between them both, "Calm down boys. You both have equal opportunities out there," he reminded him calmly. 

"I will not-"

"Charles?" Justin spoke quieting the situation down.

Everyone turned and stared at him, "What?!" Charles snapped as he looked at the young guy who was holding a phone close to him. "Well?" His patience was growing thin as the young lad didn't seem to speak up. 

Justin thrust the phone in Charles' direction, "It's your mother."

Charles ripped the mobile away from Justin before he lifted it to his ear, speaking in his native language as he took the call out of the garage. 

Sebastian and Mattio exchanged a confused look, neither of them understand what he had said as he left the room. "His mother?" Sebastian asked Justin, who was awkwardly standing there. 

"It sounded like she had some bad news," Justin admitted slowly. 

Sebastian walked over to the edge of the garage, he looked over at his younger co-worker. Charles' face was etched with worry, his eyes wear closed and his mouth a little ajar. When he opened his eyes and saw Sebastian staring, the concern disappeared and was placed with anger. His eyes were cold as he watched his co-worker. Sebastian couldn't hear what was being discussed, but he knew that it wasn't good from changing facial expressions on Charles' face. Anger changed to worry changed to guilt. 

When Charles was finished on the phone, Sebastian watched as the younger male threw the mobile furiously on the ground. Sebastian had never seen Charles in such a state, "What's happened?"

Charles stared at him, "I have to go." 

"Go where?" Sebastian asked as Charles stalked towards him. "Charles?"

He didn't respond; instead, he stormed past Sebastian and into the garage, ignoring everyone. He grabbed his jacket and his mobile phone before he left the garage, running to his car. As he drove his vehicle, he phoned through to the airport, booking a ticket. 

XOXOX

Veronica laid on her sofa, her mind not on anything else but recent events. If you can call last month recent. The break up with her ex-boyfriend, Charles seemed so fresh still, so raw. Today though, today was the first day she felt that maybe she might try and do something to take her mind off him. Getting to her feet, Veronica looked around the room, her eyes landing on the photo of them that rested on to of her fireplace. Walking closer to it, she reached for it, her eyes falling on his face. Everything seemed so perfect, at that moment in time.