Plus One - Lewis Hamilton

"Do you have a plus one for the wedding yet?" Hanna asked me as we sat in her living room. 

My hands were wrapped about the delicate china mug as I looked up at her, "I'm your maid of honour. I don't need a plus one." I smiled at her even though I was saying the opposite of what I thought. 

"So, you think that just because you are wearing a fancy dress you don't have to bring a date?"

Laughing I placed the cup on the coaster on the glass coffee table, "Honestly, I'm fine."

Hanna smirked as she leaned close to me, "I hear that Lewis still doesn't have a plus one." She winked at me playfully, "I can get Seb to set you two up if you like?"

"Thank you," I rolled my eyes as I shook my head. "Because that worked out so well last time."

It was her turn to roll her eyes, "It was just a misunderstanding." She reminded me as she gave me a small smile. 

I picked up the mug and sipped on the coffee before looking up at her and sighing. "A misunderstanding?" I was on the verge of snapping as I questioned her. I didn't want to argue with her, not so close to her wedding, not when she'd done so much for me already. 

"Look," she got to her feet and took her cup as she walked around the room before she picked out a photo album from on a shelf. She placed her mug back down before flicking through it and handing it to me. I held it open in my hands, my eyes falling on the photo of myself and Lewis, it was at Hanna and Seb's engagement party last year. "You two look so happy," she told me as I stared at it. 

She was right, looking at the photo we both did look happy. His arm was around me as we stood posing for a photo in front of a rather ridiculously large Christmas tree. He was wearing a beautiful blue Armani suit which he'd brought especially for the occasion, I was wearing a short black dress paired with rose gold heels that made me look the same height as him. The way he was looking at me just made me remember all the good times we had. 

That evening at the engagement party was one of my best memories with him. We'd arrived late to the party, our excuses not quite swinging with everyone but to be honest, no one cared. We drank and danced like no one was watching. At one point, he dropped me on my bum but I didn't get mad, instead I pulled him down with me as we laughed together. 

"So...?" Hanna brought me back out of my memory as I looked up at her. "Can you at least think about it?"

I looked down at the photo again, he was looking at me with such love and admiration that I just couldn't believe that a year later we were here. I'd seen a picture of him in the papers, he looked like he was getting intimate with another woman. My impulses got the better of me, I rang him and didn't let him fill my head with his excuses. I ended our relationship there and then. That was five months ago, five long, lonely months. 

"Sure."

XOXOX

Less than a week later and it was the morning of Seb and Hanna's wedding. The morning had gone without a hitch but right now we were on the way to the church. I was sat with Hanna in the back of the vehicle that was taking us there. She held my hand as she smiled at me, "I can't believe today is the day."

I smiled at her, "Believe it. You two are meant to be together."

She squeezed my hand, "Thank you." 

Hanna deserved every happiness, her and Seb were perfect together. 

At the church, I got out the car first, I took a few steps making sure there was no one around, mainly making sure that Seb wasn't around. Tradition dictates you shouldn't let the groom see the bride before they see each other as she walks down the aisle.