1(2) - Charles Leclerc

My best friend grinned widely as her new dog jumped up onto my lap as she put my freshly made pub of tea on the glass coffee table in the middle of the room. "I think Ninja likes you," Tasha grinned before she returned to her seat on the mocha cuddle chair. 

I laughed as I stroked the head of the squishy little lemon beagle that was now resting his head on my crossed legs. "He's so freaking adorable," I gushed as I stared at the puppy laid there with a content look on his face. 

Watching Tasha, I saw her glance at my partner, I turned my attention to Charles but noticed he wasn't interested in the puppy, like I was. He was currently on his phone, tapping away on his Instagram as he uploaded a new photo. The whole reason for today's visit was to slyly convince him to get a dog, it seemed like it was not going to work today. 

"Charles," I nudged in slightly in the ribs gaining his attention. "Don't you think?"

He glanced up from his phone looking at me with a blank look on his face. "Sure," he shrugged his shoulders before locking his phone then putting his right arm around me. 

I rolled my eyes slightly as I returned to stroking the pup that was enjoying my company. "So," Tasha started to talk as I looked up. "Do you think-" I shot her a look before she widened her eyes then started her sentence again. "Do you think you're going to come out tonight?"

"Oh," turning my head I looked at Charles who was looking at me. "I dunno," I waited for him to say something. "What do you think?"

His finger stroked my arm as he turned to Tasha, "Erm, yeah, sure." His attention was diverted to me, a smile on his lips. "Whatever you want, babe."

To say I was annoyed was an understatement, he obviously didn't care right now. I decided to bite the bullet, instead of the subtle hints I was just going to ask him straight out. "I want to get a dog," the words escaped my move before I could think about it any more. 

"What?" He finally took some notice, he looked at me like I was crazy. "Why would you want one of these?" He motioned to the animal that was now sitting up and looking at him, the loud noise waking the dog. "Come on, Vivian, be serious."

My heart dropped at every word he spoke, "I am." 

Charles got to his feet, "Viv, I'm going."

I looked at Tasha for a moment before I pushed the puppy off me and followed my partner who was heading for the front door. As I left the living room, I closed the door so my friend wouldn't have to hear our argument. "Charles, don't be stupid."

"This is a big decision, Viv. It's not something that you can just ask, we need to talk about it." His logical was good, but I didn't want logical, I wanted a puppy. 

Shaking my head, I sighed as I leaned against the wall, my hands behind my back. "You're away most of the time, I'm stuck here in England without you. I need something else to occupy my time," I was practically begging him as I tried to give him my big sad eyes. "Please, Charles."

He sighed as he looked at me, "Viv-"

"I just need something to love whilst you're not here." And again, I just didn't think before speaking. 

Charles' sad look turned to one of disappointment, "Isn't my love enough anymore?

My mouth dropped as he shook his head at me this time before he pulled open the door, leaving me standing there shocked. I didn't know what I was supposed to say, my hands were shaking and my mind was a mess. Running after him, slamming the door behind me, I called out to him. "Charles! I'm sorry!" 

He didn't turn around, his anger getting the better of him as he got into his vehicle. I tried the handle to the passenger side but I was too late, he'd already locked the doors. "Charles, come on," I let go of the handle as he turned on the engine. "Please." He didn't look at me again before he drove off, leaving me standing outside my friend's house with my hands in the air. 

Honestly, that man had such a short temper sometimes. 

I loved him so much, I just didn't know where I stood sometimes, his flaring anger seeming to get in the way of our relationship from time tom time.