19(TBP) - Marcus Armstrong

'I'M ADDICTED TO YOU, DON'T YOU KNOW THAT YOU'RE TOXIC'

Sitting opposite my close friend, Marcus, I smiled when he looked up at me. "What you smiling at, Norris?" As per usual, showing me how we were no more than friends, he used my last name to address me.

"Nothing," I looked away from him as I glanced out of the window. My eyes landing on my brother who was happily walking around with Daniel Ricciardo at his side, laughing at each other as they went. "Where's Christian today?" I asked about his teammate as I looked back at him with a slight smirk on my lips.

Marcus frowned, "Hold up, I thought you were here to support me?"

"Oh, you poor baby. I come to every one of your races and all I get is grief for asking about your teammate, I see how it is," I rolled my eyes playfully as I flicked my light brown hair over my shoulders before I crossed my arms over my chest.

He laughed, "I know the real reason you are here, sugar. Don't be playing with me and tell me you come to every race to see me," he reminded me as he watched me as my smile disappeared from my lips.

I opened my mouth to speak but was interrupted by a knock on the window. Turning my head, I looked at my brother who jokingly put his two fingers up at me before he walked away. "Brilliant," I muttered as I shook my head then looked back at Marcus. "I might travel and sit in his garage but I am there for you at every single race, qualifying and practice."

He winked at me, "Jesus, Norris, you're particularly ratty today."

My reply was halted as our food order was placed in front of us. Marcus had ordered a healthy salad with chicken, I had ordered something a little more substantial, on my plate was a full English breakfast with all the trimmings.

"How can you eat that?" He asked me as he looked down at my greasy plate.

Licking my lips, I shrugged my shoulders. "It's so bloody beautiful, you are the boring one with your salad, Marcus."

He narrowed his eyes at me before picking up his fork and digging into his food. After a few mouthfuls, he looked over at my food, "Lets try it then, Spencer."

"Now you're using my first name," I teased him as I raised my eyebrows as I looked at him. I had been friend-zoned by him since I had first met him, then though, he was seeing Claire, a lot had changed in the two years since when we first met.

"All I am asking for is just one little taste. You can do that for me, can't you?" The way he spoke to me made my legs shake and my insides quiver. If he told me right now that he wanted me then I would be in no fit state to say no.

Like the idiot I am, I pushed my plate towards him. I watched as he used my fork to help himself to some of the food on my plate. I leaned my hands on the table keeping them flat as I waited.

After a mouthful, he pushed my plate back towards me with a smirk on his lips. "I've been trying to work you out, Spencer. I think I might have you sussed now."

I pulled my plate back to its spot as I picked up my fork, my mind fully aware that a couple of seconds ago his mouth was wrapped around it. "Oh right," I looked up at him through my big blue eyes. "And what do you think you know?"

"Pass me your water," he said to me avoiding my question.

My left hand picked up the glass and offered it to him, my eyebrows raised as I watched him take it and put it to his lips. He didn't drink it, instead he placed it back down. "What are you doing?" I asked him confused by his actions.

He leaned across the table, then he whispered. "You need someone like me in your life."

"What are you even talking about?" I panicked wondering if he could read me more than I thought. "I have to go," I got to my feet as I grabbed my phone from the table.

"Wait, Spencer," he called after me as I headed to the door.

Turning back to him, he looked at me with a smirk before I turned back to the door and headed out. I took a deep breath as I walked away, heading towards my brother's garage. I needed some time away from Marcus, I didn't need to make it weird and complicated right at this moment in time.

XOXOX

When the F2 race started, I casually strolled to the garage of Marcus where I was greeted by his sister, Paris. "Well, you're late today," she told me as she handed me a set of headphones. "He's running in third, it's only been ten laps though."

I put my headphones on and stared up at the screen. Being in the garage, you got to hear all communication between driver and engineer which meant I was not surprised to hear Marcus complaining about the British weather.

"Well mate," I heard his engineer reply. "I think someone in the garage would disagree with you."

Smiling, I felt Paris put an arm around me as she laughed.

"It's about time Spencer turned up," Marcus joked back before there was silence on the radio.

"He was not happy when you weren't here," Paris told me as she removed her arm from me and smiled. "I knew you'd come though; you always do."

I thought about her words, she was right. No matter how much he annoyed me I would always come to his garage to support him.

Watching on, the race was pretty uneventful, Marcus managed to finish in third not losing or gaining any places. The celebration in the garage was being a usual occurrence, Marcus seeming to get a podium more often than not.

I followed Paris and the team to the barriers where I was thrust to the front as Marcus walked to podium. Paris stood to the left of me, Arron, the engineer to the right and the rest of the team around us from different angles.

Marcus strolled over; he had a massive smile on his face as he handed his helmet to me before giving his sister a hug. I held his helmet close to me before he greeted his team, fist bumps, hugs and shouts of congratulations and well dones. Then he turned to me properly, he hugged me, his head close to my ear before I heard him speak, "Don't ever be late to my garage again." His tone wasn't a warning, more playful before he looked at me.

I stared at him almost unsure of what he wanted. I wanted to kiss him but I didn't want to make an idiot of myself. He leaned in before he placed his lips against mine, for a second, I was shocked before I kissed him back happy to finally feel like there was more to our friendship. Around us his sister and team cheered and made sounds of encouragement but I didn't care.

When he pulled away, I watched him as he winked at me before heading to the podium to collect his trophy and celebrate in style.