30(TBP) - Lando Norris

'THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE, TAKE MY HAND IF YOU WANT TO LIVE'

"Radio check, Reece?" I heard my engineer in my headphones as I sat in my Formula 1 car. "Reece?"

"Yeah, yeah, I can hear you loud and clear," I responded as I put my thumbs up at him as he watched me from his stool.

"Is there a lag on this?" Ollie asked as he watched me.

I rolled my eyes, "No lag, just me taking my time." I looked away from him as my mechanics began to push my car on the jack out of the garage. "So, how are we looking?"

Ollie chuckled, "We're looking good. No predicted rain, no problems with the track and the car has been great during quali, I think we're on to something good."

The jack was removed from the car as I pressed the right buttons and moved my car away heading to the queue that was forming behind the lights in pit lane. I listened as Ollie continued to tell me messages, even as I drove down to the track start.

Parking the car in the box of the five spot, I climbed out of my car putting the steering wheel into the slot before I stalked away from my vehicle. "Where are you going?" The voice in my headphones spoke again, this time I didn't deem it important as I took a deep breath.

I pulled off my helmet as I headed through the shortcuts before returning to the garage. There was a good fifteen minutes before the race started, I had a few things I needed to do before I went out there.

After peeing, I grabbed my phone from my bag as I sat in the changing rooms alone. Scrolling through my gallery, I inhaled deeply when I stopped on the picture I had only taken ten days ago. My eyes began to water as I looked at the woman who had his arms around me on the photo, losing a best friend was hard. Being here at work only made everything much worse, all I wanted to do was be with my friends and the other people who loved her like I did. Her mother had put the funeral off until the Monday so I could get back home and attend, although right now as I cried at the memory that was in front of me, I knew being at work was a bad idea.

A knock on the door made me look up, the door opened a little and a helmet popped around the door. "I'm coming," I quickly shut off my phone as I stood up turning away from him.

A muffled voice came from his helmet, I didn't know what he was saying but I didn't want to ask as I wiped my eyes dry. Turning back, I saw him taking his helmet off as he entered the room closing the door behind him. "Are you okay?"

"I'm good," I lied as I picked up my headphones. I could hear Ollie's voice as I moved them from under my balaclava but I ignored it as I pressed the button on the side muting him.

Lando shook his head as he watched me, "We've been working together for a few months now, I think I know when you're not okay."

"You barely know me," I spitefully shot back as I tried to push him away with my words. "I'm fine."