46(TBP) - Max Verstappen

"I NEVER THOUGHT WE WERE VULNERABLE"

Getting home from work, I was exhausted as I laid on the sofa and stared up at the ceiling. It had been a long day but it was all going to be worth it since I had the next week off whilst my boyfriend, Max was visiting. Spending time with him made me feel better, everything about spending time with him made it all good. 

I pushed myself up from my couch before I ran through to the shower quickly jumping in, cleaning myself up. When I finished, I dried up and put on Max's favourite dress and tied my hair back and slapped on my make up. By the time I finished, I heard the doorbell. 

Rushing to the door, I grinned widely as I opened the door only when I looked at Max who was on the other side, he didn't look as happy as I was. "Hey, Max," I was unsure what sort of mood he was in. 

"We have to talk, Frankie," he mumbled as he entered my home. 

Max was being serious and it scared me, I had never seen him like this before. I followed him through to the living room, he sat on the sofa. "What's going on?" I asked him as I slowly sat on the coffee table so I was directly opposite him. "Max?"

I tried to reach for his hands but he moved them away from me, his body moving back from me as he sighed. "I'm just going to be honest with you."

Nodding my head, I waited for him to speak. 

"Your job is effecting my career. I only have one choice here." His words were a lot harsher than I expected. I didn't expect him to come here today and have bad news, but this was worse than I could have ever imagined. 

"Max, you knew what I did before we got together," I reminded him as I shook my head. 

He pinched his nose as he leaned forward, his elbows on his thighs. "Frankie, I can't be seen to endorse your job. If I stay with you, I am saying I'm okay with what you do for a living."

I let out a long sigh before I got to my feet and walked towards the window. "You don't agree with what I am doing?" I asked him as I glanced back at him, my arms crossed over my chest. "We've been together well over a year, why now?"

"Now the press has hold of what you do," he told me. "I can't protect you."

"I don't need protecting," I snapped. "Don't pretend that you are holy, Max." I couldn't believe him right now, "What do you want me to do?"

Max looked down at his feet, "Nothing."

My eyes started to water, whilst he wasn't looking I used my sleeve to wipe them away. I took a deep breath before I spoke again. "Okay," I was so mad right now. "Do you seriously think your job is more important than mine?"

He looked up at me, "I'm not saying that-"

"Well you are, you are saying that you think being this big man on the race track is more important than all the lives I could potentially be saving."

"Frankie," his voice sounded sad as he looked at me. "I thought we could actually talk about this, I thought you would understand. It's not like your job is something that's widely accepted in society."

Looking around the room, I tried to think of something else. I could deal with this shit right now. "You have to leave," I returned my gaze to him and raised my eyebrows. 

He got to his feet, his eyes lingering in my direction before he bit his bottom lip. "I love you, Frankie."

"Don't make it any harder than it has to be, Max," I told him as I looked away from him and towards the door. I looked back at him and shook my head, his usually calm face looked angry. 

Max walked towards the door, he looked back at me for a second. "It wasn't meant to be this way." Then I watched him leave, my heartbreaking as I knew there was nothing more I could do.