10(PC) - Daniel Ricciardo

'I'll keep you safe, If you keep me strong'

I pulled my shades down slightly as I glanced over at the pool. My eyes were on my best friend, Shay who was currently standing a little too close to a friend of mine, Daniel. As I watched, Shay giggled before she put her hand on his right bicep. Pulling my lips into a thin line, I pushed my glasses back up my nose as I continued to stare from behind the black glass. 

"Rose..." I heard my name being side from the sun lounger next to me. Turning my head, I looked at Max who was watching me, his shades not being so dark that I could make out his eyes. 

Raising my eyebrows, I sat up on the lounger, crossing my legs underneath me as I picked up my bottle of water. "What?" I asked innocently as I unscrewed the lid, tilting my head to the right slightly. 

Max frowned for a moment before he shook his head. "Why don't you just get in there?" 

"Oh," I laughed as I shook my head furiously. "It's much too cold for me, I prefer to get a tan."

"I wasn't talking about the water," Max pointed out as he smirked at me. "This was all you and Daniel, why aren't you enjoying yourself? I thought you had booked this holiday to finally make your move."

I removed my sunglasses as I looked at Max with wide eyes. "What are you talking about?" I tried to play dumb, but I knew he could see straight through me. 

"You and him have so much in common, why are you wasting your time?" He watched me as he waited for my answer before he spoke again. "It's plain for everyone to see, Rose."

Sipping from my bottle of water, I looked away from Max and towards the two in the pool. "Daniel and I are just friends," my voice was quiet as I said it. "I did think at one point that we could be more," I trailed off for a moment. Shay was staring into Daniel's eyes as he spoke, before she let out a girly giggle, her hand laying on his bare chest as she flirted. "I think that time might have passed now."

I didn't notice Max move in his chair, nor did I notice the small crowd of women he'd attracted, all I noticed was Shay press her lips against Daniel's. For a second, I thought my heart stopped. I looked away, my instincts telling me I needed to get out of there. 

"Max," I mumbled as I turned my head, only to see about six women surrounding his sunlounger. I held my hands up in defeat before I grabbed my handbag from the floor and walked away from the unfolding drama before me. 

Heading towards my hotel room, I ran my right hand through my hair as I let out a frustrated sigh. I had to remember next time to not go on holiday with friends. Fumbling through my bag, I found the key to the room that I shared with Shay, before I headed inside and made my way to the lift. Once inside the safety on the lift, I pressed on the button to close the door, as I did I heard my name being shouted. I ignored it, only pressing the button repeatedly until the door closed and I felt the lift moving upward to the tenth floor. 

As it stopped at the top, I was quick to get out and turn to the right my eyes reading the door numbers as I tried to speed up my walking in stupid flip flops. When I got to my door, I heard my name again. Turning my head, my eyes widened as I looked at Daniel who was walking towards me. 

"Go away, Daniel!" I warned him as I unlocked the door, pushing the door open as soon as I could. My heart was pounding like it was about to escape my chest, my hands were clammy and my body was shaking as I looked at him. 

Once I was in the door, I tried to close it only to have Daniel use his strength and speed to get to my door and put his foot in the way. "Rose," he said my name in a way that was full of sorrow. "Just let me in."

I didn't want his pity, I hated it. "Please, Daniel. Just go back to the pool." He forced my hands off the door as he came into the room, closing the door behind himself as I back away and towards my bed. "Just run back to Shay," the bitterness in my voice was present as I said those words, my eyes not meeting his as I said it. 

"Are you blind, Rose?" 

This aggravated me, I was quick to meet his eyes, my own narrowing as I stared at him. 

He shook his head at me as he walked towards me, putting his hands on my bare arms as I tried to back away from him. He was stronger than I was though, holding me in place. "I followed you here," he said simply. 

I stopped trying to move away from him, realization setting in. "That don't sound creepy at all," I teased him as I smirked up at him. His hands moved up my arms as he smiled down at me. 

"Rose," he used his right hand to tip my chin up, keeping me looking at him. "Don't you get it, I would follow you anywhere."

"But, what about Shay?" I asked him quietly. 

Daniel shrugged his shoulders, "She kissed me, Rose. Letting her flirt with me was just a bit of fun," he admitted. "I didn't want any of it. I only wanted you."

I put my hand on his that was under my chin, "Do you still want me?" I knew how it sounded when it came out, I didn't want to sound slutty but I needed to know. 

His thumb smoothed over my lips as he watched me. He looked so attractive right now, all I wanted to do was lock the door and keep him here with me. 

"You're under my skin," he told me with a small glint in his eyes. "I have wanted you for so long, nothing is going to change that." He winked at me as he pulled me close to him, his hands on my waist keeping me nearby. "Now," he laughed at me as he touched my nose for a brief second playfully. "No more running away, I want you all to myself."