60(PC) - Charles Leclerc

'I'm having fun, don't put me down, I'll never let you sweep me off my feet'

Placing my glass back on the table, I watched across the table as my ex-boyfriend made another woman laugh at his jokes. My eyes flickered away as I pulled my phone from my pocket and began to aimlessly scroll through social media. 

I didn't even know why my friends thought bringing me out tonight was a good idea. In the back of my mind, I think my friend, Lando thought he could get myself and Alex back together. Watching him with the other woman, I was sure that he was most certainly not thinking about me. 

"I'm going to get more drinks," Charles announced as he stood up before he walked away. 

Turning my head, I looked at Lando who was to the left of me. "Well, thank you," I mumbled as I gave him a slight head shake. 

Lando sighed before he gave me a sad smile. I knew he felt bad having misread the situation.

I didn't really know what I was supposed to do now. I had noticed Lando had spent most of his evening chatting to George, Charles had been talking to Max leaving me to stare at Alex and his new squeeze. 

After Alex had been dropped from F1, his friends stayed in contact with him. I was also a big part of the friendship group, having found them all through my father. I was used to spending time on grid, walking around and seeing all the cars. After all my father is team manager for one of the teams who raced. Firstly, I met George, then Lando and before I knew it, I was dating Alex Albon. 

My hands were shaking as I looked at Alex's hand drape around the blonde's shoulder as he pulled her towards him. I picked up my clutch, my fingers holding it tightly as I pushed out from the table. Alex glanced up at me for a brief second, before I turned and headed towards the toilets. 

"Kata!" I heard Charles call out my name as I walked passed the bar. 

I purposely ignored him, I just needed to get to the bathroom. 

He put a hand on my wrist, gripping it stopping me from going any further. I looked down at his hand before making eye contact with him. "What are you doing?" I asked him sharply as he withdrew his hand and awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. 

"I called your name," he said quietly. "I was just trying to get your attention."

"Well, you have it now."

Charles' eyes flitted to the table before landing back on me. "Why did you come tonight?"

Raising my eyebrows, I crossed my arms over my chest, keeping my clutch close to my body. "Lando thought he was going to get me and Alex back together," I sighed as I thought about those words. I didn't even want to get back with him, he was rotten to me really. 

"So, fight for him if you want him."

Shaking my head, my attention drawn to the toilet door for a second. When I looked back into Charles' eyes I took a deep breath. "There's no point."

I walked away, but I heard Charles speak as I did. "All you ever do is run away from your problems."

Shrugging my shoulders, I continued to walk before getting into the girls' bathroom. Once I was in a cubicle, my fingers fumbled with my bag before I got my phone out. I needed to get out of here, texting my twin sister, Maja hoping she would pick me up and not tell our father where I had been. She replied, saying she'd be there in about 5 mins. 

Returning to the table, I sat back down. Charles rubbed my back in a friendly way before he pushed a drink in front of me. "Not for me," I said slowly as I placed my bag on the table. 

Snatching a glimpse at Alex, I took a few seconds to study his features. I couldn't help but smile to myself as I realised that I didn't care about him anymore, I didn't want to get back with him. I was worth more than this, I was happier without him. Turning my head to look at Charles, he was confused when he saw the smile on my lips. 

"Are you okay?" He asked me in a low voice. 

Nodding, I pushed my dark hair away from my hair, tucking it behind my ears as I grinned. "Actually, I am." I startled him a little as I threw my arms around his neck, hugging him for a brief moment before I pulled away. "I'm going to go," I explained as I got up. 

"Where are you going?" Alex asked getting my attention. 

Looking over at table at him, I spoke, "Home." I picked up my clutch bag, my lips in a smile as I glanced at Charles. "I'll see you tomorrow," I reminded him as I'd be at the garages in the morning. Looking at Lando and George, I gave them both a smile. "Bye guys."

As I headed towards the door, I heard Charles make a joking comment, "Running away again." This time, his voice was playfully, I looked back at him and winked before I walked out the door.