Baby Sister - MV/LN

"Kiss me," I whispered in my boyfriend's ear as I stood behind him in his garage at work. 

He quickly turned around; he was so close to me as he spoke. "We both know you shouldn't be here, Bo." His English accent was so beautiful compared to my strong Dutch accent. 

I took a step back as I pouted, "We both know at some point we have to tell my brother."

Lando rolled his eyes before he smiled at me, "I'll see you later."

He wasn't being meant when he sent me away, I winked at him before I skipped off to find my brother who luckily for me was in another garage for another team. I couldn't risk him finding out about my secret relationship, not yet anyway. I wanted to be the one to tell my brother, knowing how much of a hot head he could sometimes be. 

Entering his garage, he looked at me and raised his eyebrows, "Where have you been?"

I laughed, "Chill out, Max. I had to pee."

His face screwed up as I lied to him, he shook his head before he spoke again. "Mamma was looking for you, I don't actually care where you have been."

Walking towards him, I smiled as I pulled him close to me and hugged him. "Stay safe out there today," I kissed him on his right cheek before I let him go and looked at him as I stood in front of him. "I'll have some toast waiting for you," I nodded at him before I headed off to find my mother. 

The toast thing was a private joke between myself and MAx, it had become a bit of a thing. Whenever he had a home race, I would attend, and after his race, I would make his some toast topped with chocolate sprinkles. If I attended a race that wasn't at home, I would just make him plain toast after his race, something simple and boring yet a tradition between us. 

I found my mother, she was in her seat in the box Max had hired out for us, my father stayed to watch Max from the garage leaving my mother and me to do our own thing. After our parents broke up a few years ago, things had been strained, but they made it work for our sakes, although I was sure it was more for Max and his career. Of course, our mother wanted to watch Max at his races, with our father being an ex-driver he felt like he was needed, so they had to compromise, so it wasn't awkward on race days. Personally, I was past the point of caring, it wasn't like I loved them any less, I just had my own stuff to deal with. More and more, I found myself feeling like it was all for Max, not for me or my other sister, Victoria. 

"I was looking for you, darling," she smiled as I sat down beside her near the window. 

Relaxing in the seat I watched on the track as the cars started to leave the pit lane, "Sorry, Mamma, I was in the bathroom."

She chuckled, "Are the bathrooms in the McLaren garage much better then?" She never missed a trick really, she had obviously been watching me for a while. 

"I-" I was going to lie to her, but I knew it was pointless. "You are not going to tell Max, are you?"

My mother placed a hand on mine, "I just want to make sure you know what you are doing. I know what they are like," she spoke in a broad term. 

"He's not like that Mamma," I knew she feared that most drivers were the same after her own experiences. "Max isn't like that, neither is Lando."

She wrapped her fingers around my hand, "You need to tell Max, though, darling."

Nodding my head, I looked back at the track, "I will, I promise."

XOXOX