2(PC) - George Russell

'I WILL FOLLOW YOU, I WILL FOLLOW YOU'

"Done," I announced as I shut my laptop before I looked up at my mother who was sitting at the opposite end of the dining table. 

She looked up from her own laptop and smiled at me, "Good for you, Evie. Now, I can officially start the sponsoring!" My mother always seemed to get excited about the littlest things. 

"When I get the forms in the post, you can be the first one to sponsor me." I got up from my seat, "I have to go and call George." I left the dining room, heading through the house and up the stairs as I pulled my mobile from my back pocket of my jeans. 

Searching through it, I pressed on my brother's name which started it ringing. Lifting the phone to my ear, I listened to it before he answered, "Hello?"

"Hey, George," I jogged up to my room as I spoke. "I wanted to let you know first, I am definitely doing the London Marathon."

"What?" I heard him ask with a hint of surprise in his voice. 

Sitting in the window of my bedroom, I stared out at the large back garden. "I doing the Marathon-"

"No, I heard that. Why?"

Laughing, I leaned back against the wall of my room. "I just wanted to do something good. I'm raising money for Cancer Research," I announced as I watched the dogs in the garden playing around. 

"Evie, you're crazy," George said to me. "You can't run."

I shook my head at his comment, "You're going to come, aren't you?"

"I don't think I can," he told me. "I don't even think I'll be in the country."

"Please," I sat up straight. I had not even thought about the possibility that my brother might not be there. "You're my big brother, I can't do this without you."

I heard him sigh at my words, "Evie, come on. First of all, we are twins so technically we are the same age." He always did like to be proper when it came to the twin thing, I would always say he was the eldest as he was born five minutes before me but he never used it once against me, in fact he would use it to defend me. "I can't be there."

Closing my eyes, I leaned my head on my knees as I tucked them close to my body. "Okay," I mumbled before I hung up the phone disappointed in his lack of commitment to me.

XOXOX

My hair was stuck to my head as I rounded the last corner. I had been in this bloody marathon for over 5 hours, I had pushed myself to get a good time. My breathing was heavy, I got to the finish line. 

I ran a few extra steps before I saw my mother and father, breaking into a smile I jogged towards them before my eyes landed on my brother. Falling into his arms, I hugged him tightly almost disbelieving he was here. After everything he came to see me at the end of the marathon, I knew he had been at a race but he managed to get here for me. 

"Woah, calm down, Evie!" He laughed as I felt my legs shaking. 

Slapping his arm, I pulled away from him with a laugh. "I think I am allowed to be a little excited! I just ran a marathon!" I teased him as I grabbed the water bottle from my mother who was grinning wildly at me. 

"Well done, love," she told me as I gulped down the water. 

"We're so proud," my father piped up as he walked over. 

George put an arm around me, before pulling away from me quickly. "You're so sweaty, Eve, let's get you home!"

"Give over," I nudged him. "I'm starving. I'm thinking..." I pretended to think for a minute before I spoke, "Ice cream, please." Looking up at George, I smiled, "I can't believe you're here."

He laughed before nudging me back with his shoulder, "I'll do anything for you, Evie. Why wouldn't I be here?"