35(PC) - Charles Leclerc

'I'll be your gravity, you be my oxygen'

Slapping my hand on my cousin's shoulder, I grinned as I admired the paintwork on my car that was on the back of his truck. "You've done such a good job," I told him as I stepped towards the truck before reaching for a ratchet strap. "Now let's get my baby strapped in so we can go play."

"Will your new boyfriend be joining us today?" My cousin, Nate asked me as he grabbed the other end of the strap before we threaded it through the body of the car. 

"Yes, Charles will be joining us."

Nate chuckled, "And how do you think that's going to go down? I assume you haven't taken him to any meets." My cousin was such a smart arse sometimes. I shook my head before I caught Nate's eye, the same shining hazel colour as mine. "You haven't, have you, Av?"

"Give over," I sighed as I jumped down strap in my hand as I started to crank the ratchet. "He's going to come, he's going to watch as I have for him, you're going to be nice to him and be on your best behaviour."

"When have you ever known me to be on my best behaviour?" Nate teased as he grabbed the second strap before restarting the process again. "Besides you can't keep an eye on me all the time," he winked as he let out a chuckle. "You're going to be in this car and I'm going to be with your boyfriend!" 

My nose twitched as I looked at Nate and shook my head. "You are so mean to me, sometimes."

XOXOX

When I met Charles in the car park, I realised there was a big difference between the two of us. He was used to the finer things in life, I was not. I remembered I had only met him by chance, the two of us both attending a party of a mutual friend. The invitation had been extended to me as a courtesy because I was in the country, Charles was there because he ran in her circle and lived close by. At that party, we exchanged numbers and before long we exchanging messages before meeting again and starting a relationship. This was the first time I had decided to open up to Charles about my own interest in motorsports. 

"Oh wow," he said as he looked me up and down. I wanted to slap myself as I looked down at my outfit, of course, he was expecting more from me at this moment in time. I was wearing a pair of cheap ripped jeans with basic green wellies, a large baggy white top covering my torso. "You look different."

Smiling at him, I nodded. "I'm not going to need anything fancy, I'm gonna get changed soon."

Charles looked around at the car park, his eyes lingering over the many different people around. "I thought this was motor racing?"

"Come on," I reached for his hand. He threaded his fingers through mine before letting me lead the way. "I'll show you where the magic happens."

"You still look beautiful," he told me as we walked hand in hand towards the other car park. 

I looked up at him, a stupid grin on my lips. "Thank you," I nudged him as I walked with him. "So, you must have seen banger racing before?"

Charles nodded, "Once. We never went again, in Formula One you aren't supposed to hit other cars." He squeezed my hand gently. "I'm excited to see you out there though." He stopped walking for a moment, halting me before he played a kiss on my lips. "You are so perfect, love."

"Thank you for being here today," I put my arms around him as I hugged him. "It means a lot to me."

His hand wrapped around me as he spoke, "Anything for you."