Chapter 2

I felt a little cold when Alex told Eartha I was his wife, I didn’t know why but I felt somewhat sad, it was as if I forced Alex to just say what he said, if I wasn’t there would he have said what he just said, the doubts filled my thoughts, Eartha would have felt that he forgot her way to quickly, was their love that weak?

But what was he supposed to do, she was supposed to be dead, he definitely had to move on sooner or later.

“Oh”, Eartha just blurted out, a lot of sadness could be heard in her tone of just a word she spoke, she was dissapointed.

"Oh that’s nice, congratulations to you both”, she smiled weakly and painfully as she forcefully shook Alex’s hand and hugged me.

“We could still keep in touch right? She asked as she pulled out her complimentary card and looked at Alex and then me, I just nodded as she dropped the card on the desk and left. The slam of the door, shook me back to my senses, I looked at Alex, he looked like he needed some time alone to process everything that just happened, I too needed that so I left him alone in his office.

Things did happen quickly after this scene, but Alex made a promise, that of course he would marry me, be it Eartha’s coming or whatsoever.

So Right About Here We Had Already Been Married…… And Alex was treating me normally as he does, although there was a little doubt in his looks, he still did fine I know the whole Eartha thing hit him so hard but he still managed ok until…….

   “What! She came back, the supposed to be dead girl, how? Lily asked, as I told her everything that happened.

Lily was so pissed off, firstly she was angry that Eartha had returned and I didn’t even inform her early enough, thank the heavens Lily didn’t know how Eartha looks, she would have created a scene at the wedding ,Lily was angry even for Alex, like concealing herself was not enough, she shows up after all this, and also her coming back she visits the hospital first, I was now really trying to calm Lily down, isn’t she the one supposed to be calming me down right now, ugh! Lily.

“Come on Lily she’s pretty though, you should have seen her, she’s so curvy and beautiful, her skin is so good by the way….., and yes I couldn’t finish till Lily cut me off.

“So, I don’t care, her beauty is not my problem or the problem at hand, besides she can’t be as pretty as you or even more, I haven’t seen her but I know your prettier”, Lily smiled as I shook my head as a no in denial with what she said.

After a long while of Lily and I spending time with each other, it was now time for her to leave I was a little sad but I knew she would come over some other time. Leaving the mansion entrance doors as they were open stood Eartha, first off I was shocked and of course Lily didn’t know her facially yet so she was confused.

“Oh hello, I see your home, I just came to visit”, she spoke as she smiled after also saying hi to Lily.

“Oh am sorry, Alex isn’t home now he’s still at work…….

“Oh no I didn’t come over to visit Alex I came to see his Nana”, she said. I then recalled that of course she would know Nana, when Alex and her almost got married, Nana would recognize her right away.

“Ok then, Nana’s up in her room am sure the maid will take you there, please do make yourself comfortable, and in case you need anything, the maids are all around you could ask them, they will be of great help to you, I will see my guest off and I’ll be right back”, I told her with a smile as I watched her walk into the mansion and looked back at Lily.

“What! She is indeed pretty, she’s Eartha right? Lily asked with a cheeky smile as I nodded in agreement.

“I told you she was pretty, but you wouldn’t believe me, so you have now seen for yourself” I told lily as I walked her to the gate, it was far but it was good a good exercise, it will fill in for all the times I slept in, at mornings, lazy to go out for a run.
I saw Lily off and walked back alone to the mansion, the walk indeed was a healthy one, I felt like I had shed every single fat in my body, it was indeed encouraging.
I got into the mansion as I saw Eartha and Nana in the living room, I guess Nana came all the way down, it looked like they were having heart to heart talks though.

“Irene darling come on over here, I see Lily left already” she smiled weakly as she took my hand when I reached towards her.
“Yes Lily just left, I thought you were asleep, so I didn’t want her telling you she’s leaving, I thought it would disturb you, I see you’re awake now”.

“Oh no honey I wasn’t asleep, I was just meditating I needed some time to rest, by the way Eartha told me you guys had already met at the hospital”

“Yes Nana when we actually met, I didn’t even knew who she was at that time, but we still got to meet though” I smiled at Nana and at her.

“Oh that reminds me, did you have anything to eat yet? I asked her.

“Oh yeah I had salad, but they already cleared up the plates now am good thanks for asking” she smiled too. I excused Nana and Eartha as they spoke and went upstairs to my room, it was quite quiet and boring in my room so I decide to watch a drama.

Don't forget to vote, by clicking the little star below ❤ thank you.