Chapter 45

I just finished taking a very calming shower, it was so much fun, I dried myself as i reached for my pyjamas. Now...why are they so short...ahh ar..are they see through, I looked around the dress, ha! Thank heavens there not, but why's it so short,......wait who cares it will be good for my mission anyways, thank the heavens I left my robe outside, I have a great and exciting plan. I wore the dress and looked in the mirror, I ruffled my hair a little as I used a little towel to gently wipe my hair as I exited the bathroom.

ALEX POV.

I..I.. Was dumbstruck, sh..she..she looked so pretty..... everywhere, her hair, her structure, her legs, they were beautiful, the way she dried her hair with the towel was breathtaking, her shampoo filled the whole room, she was really stunning like a professional, Irene what are you doing, are you taking revenge on me.

Yes I am taking revenge on you Mr, you have seen nothing yet, for now your mouth is just agape, next who knows what will happen. I laughed to myself.

"Staring blindly again aren't we" I smiled as he swallowed the saliva that was in his mouth. I know he felt the deja vu as i walked up to were he sat and sat beside him still drying my hair with the towel in my hand as I intentionally slipped down the hand of my pajamas dress and acted like I didn't notice. I noticed with my side eye that Alex was dying to put my dress back on me, but he was struggling retraining himself, now that's for making me fall hard for you too, I think he almost found it hard to breathe as he slowly reached for my shoulders, just as he was about to touch me I grabbed his hand, making him jerk a little as he looked at me right in my eyes. We stared for a while, before we were interrupted by the door bell.

"I'll go get it, you wait here", he spoke as he let go of my hand and walked up to the door, just then it dawned on me, what was I doing, one minute I said to stay away from him the next I am intentionally seducing him, no I need to end this, its the reason I said I can't trust myself around him. I quickly grabbed my robe from the cupboard and put it on, as I noticed a hotel attendant rolling in the trolley with food which Alex ordered earlier, there was a lot on the trolley top, roast chicken, pies, French fries, spaghetti and so much more, on the second step it was fruits, there were mostly a lot of grapes in a bowl my favorite and the third step of course was wine. Omg!! I hope its not alcoholic, hope Alex isn't going to try anything funny.

   The door was shut as the hotel attendant was gone, leaving me and Alex back to the awkwardness I had originally imagined.

" Shall we" he spoke as he pointed to the trolley, I smiled lightly as I sat on the bed, maintaining my distance.

We ate for a while as the place was awkwardly silent, we randomly asked each other questions, to lighten the mood a little but I guess the mood itself wasn't ready to. It was now time for wine, he checked the wine alcohol range and it was high, he then turned to me.

"Can you handle alcohol, I know it isn't really good and obviously being doctors we know that, how's your tolerance with it, is it good or bad?

"Err.. Uhm.. Yeah, yeah, yeah it's good, average I think", I laughed a little nervously and he did so too.

"Ok then that means you won't be taking much", he smiled.
   He popped the wine and poured it gently into our glasses, as we clinked them together, it was red wine and it looked strangely pretty in the glass, and the quantity he put was just right.

"Wait, I didn't ask how your own alcohol tolerance was, is it good or bad or very bad", I emphasized the last word well to be sure what am expecting, he smiled as he nodded yes implying his tolerance was very good.

We drank for a while, we weren't completely drunk but I could feel tingly all around my body. I looked at Alex, his eyes showed he was under the influence but not completely his body said otherwise. I immediately moved an inch away from how close I was sitting with him, he noticed and stared at me, as he came closer to me, I still moved another inch and he did the same, I moved again, and then this time he looked up at me and asked me.

"Why are you moving away from me are you okay, do you feel sick, he asked still trying to get close to me.

"Am fine.. Ok I shouted",  as I moved again away from him, I know am being rude but am helpless I can't let anything happen and right now this alcohol is kind of taking over my senses. 

"Irene what's wrong, why are you avoiding being close to me? He asked and that's when I sparked up.

"Yeah I have to avoid being close to you because am sorry but I can't trust myself around you ok".

I dropped the wine glass and stood up, now holding my head to regain balance as I stared back down at a shocked Alex.

"Alex ..you.. You're a very nice and sweet person and I know that, but recently I can't seem to control myself around you, its like I want to...I want to...touch you or want you to hug me or something, I feel happy when I see you, I just get excited hearing someone mention your name, I tried to stop it but this feeling won't die down, I don't know what to do again, don't think am under the influence of the alcohol am not, trust me, this thing  has disturbed me for a while now, I don't know why am saying this now, i know its weird, but I feel I should", I looked at Alex now and he seemed tense uh oh, what have I done, I need to leave here quickly.

"Am sorry if any of that was unpleasant for you to hear, please pretend you didn't hear anything Alex am sorry, I'll sleep in the living room.
  I walked towards the door leading to the living room, just then Alex.. He..he grabbed my hand.

Don't forget to vote, by clicking the little star below ❤ thank you.