Chapter 26

Alex POV.

Having this talk with Irene so casually, is beginning to scare me. How did I just have a normal conversation with Irene without being all awkward and bossy, OK let's just chill and don't panic.
    I looked at her and noticed she had her face covered up the whole time.

"Hey, why are you covering your face, are you ok?

" OMG!!! He's definitely going to find out and besides what's the time, I thought as I looked at my phone, it was just 12:09, no why didn't time run any faster, I held my shoulders tight and crossed my fingers not to be found out.

"Oh its nothing", I answered moving away little by little, before any error occurs and he sees me.

" Irene you", and that was what I heard before I had my face staring deep into his green eyes once again, I felt different emotions flow through me at that time, should I be mad, shy, disgraced, weird,depressed, I felt like crying on the spot as tears already filled my eyes, am I really going to cry in front of him no, but I was utterly confused.

"Why do you keep covering your face throughout our conversation, are you sure your ok", he spoke worriedly still looking at me, I immediately turned away and sniffed my nose and wiped the little tears that escaped from my eyes on my cheek, and now backing him I spoke.

" uhm.... Am fine, am all good ",- no your not Irene, he replied immediately, as he walked up once again to my face,

" your crying can't you see",- I know, I know am crying, I don't have to tell the reason why I am, or I should just tell you since you've already found out", I yelled to a puzzled Alex face.

"Found out what", - are you confused, do I look pretty to you, don't I look hideous or you got something like night blindness", jeez! What did I just say to my boss, how did this conversation get from normal to abnormal, I have officially lost my job.

" uhm...errrrr am so sorry sir I didn't mean any of what I said, please you  did not just hear that from me am so sorry", I spoke as I muffled my mouth to let my inner screams not be heard and I turned around once again away from him, and squat down now tearing up.
What is wrong with me, why do I mess things up so easily.

"Hey! Hey stop crying, your not ugly, or hideous or whatever, your beautiful and pretty", I felt a hand tap my shoulder and a shadow cascade down on me as he propped down now facing me and raised my chin up, with my teary face as he smiled lightly,

" you're pretty Irene and also with a pretty heart, who says your ugly then they don't know you, I have known you only a few days and I know your very nice and have a good heart, now wipe those tears away, they don't suit you", he spoke as he handed me a handkerchief from his pocket and he stoop up.

Alex POV.

Ok now there's something officially wrong with you. Why would you say all of this things and damn she reminded me of Eartha a lot,I think that's why I messed up. But still, it doesn't count as an excuse for messing up, does it? My inner mind always questions me and I hate it when it happens. 

"Err... Thank you sir, and am sorry for yelling at you that way", I sniffed my nose yet again, as I wiped my tears with his handkerchief.
"I'll launder it and return it sir",

"There's no need for that you can keep it", he said arrogantly once again, as we walked away from me.

What was that, he turned cold yet again ,he was nice just a second ago, well who cares, he says I still look pretty without makeup.

I smiled to myself a little as I noticed how manly and caring he was again I was beginning to fall for him, hold up hold up I said out loud slapping my cheek, did I just think twice about Dr. Alex? No no no no no I can't do that, but why can't I, but I also know deep down that it can't work, what has come over me, ugh!!! I said to my self as I dried my tears away, cleaned up my face and waited up there for another 10 minutes.

                        **********

"Hey! Where have you been I have looked everywhere for you", lily called out to me as i entered our office.

"I should be asking you that question, where were you, you missed your ward rounds, Dr. Alex was furious, because he had to take your round for you", I replied concealing my own offence.

"I, I, I......had to go somewhere with Laiya, it was urgent but anyway I already received yelling from Dr. Alex enough to teach me a lesson, of being careful before I lose my job", she spoke as she sighed.

" So where were you really Irene", she still asked not letting go of the question.

"Er.. I just went out for some air a while ago", I replied

We stayed the whole night awake playing games, chatting, and watching some movies we collected from Tyler on our phones, we had two emergency patients so far but all was a success.

I just parted ways with lily and her twin as I was on my way to the bus stop, when Noah called out to me.

We both walked all the way to the bus stop. Noah told me a very shocking secret though which wasn't very shocking to me, he said he liked lily and he thought if I could help him, speak to her about it first before he approached her. He asked soooooo many questions about lily, I just got to know her recently so I couldn't give every detail or answers to his questions, I gave the few I knew.

He said he was going to see his Nana, that's why he had to take my bus because his bus was the opposite way from his Nana's house.

Don't forget to vote, by clicking the little star below ❤ thank you.