Chapter 24

"Your brother is so cute, wow you're really lucky he's still in high school, or you would have already had an in-law", she nudged my shoulder and laughed so hard.

"Oh come on lily, come with me now, its almost time I have to prepare for our shift", as I pull lily and I walked up the stairs and to my room.

I enter my room and drop my phone on the table and went straight to my closet as lily sat on my bed.

" your room is nice, comfy and pretty, am I going to be invited for a sleepover someday?

"Yeah of course anytime you want", I replied as I came towards lily with three outfits, -which of this do you think I should wear lily", as I placed them each at a time on my body so she could see which one fits perfectly.

"There all pretty, but I say you go with the denim pants and white t shirt, it seems more casual and comfortable", she says, as I go back into my closet and change. I touch up my makeup, grab my bag and head out with lily, also I sent mum a text, telling her she won't be meeting me today, wow just like that I haven't seen my mum throughout the whole day, mehn!! Now it really feels like am working, I smile and get into the bus with lily and headed off to St. Xavier's.

We arrived St. Xavier's 6:47pm, of course we were late for our shift because of the bus, we hurriedly both signed in and took the elevator up.

" Lily I've looked everywhere for you ", a voice spoke as we were at the hallway leading to our unit, we looked around and I happened to notice it was Laiya who spoke.

" what's up Laiya, anything new?, lily asked with her hands in her blazer pockets,
"Hey Laiya", - oh hello Irene could I steal lily for a moment I have something to discuss with her", Laiya requested,
" oh sure its fine go ahead, and lily I'll see you when you come OK" I smiled at both of them, they nodded and smiled back too, as I left them alone.

Am so curious about those twins, they make me feel like something is up, the other night of Dr. Alex's trauma she left on an emergency note, judging from her reactions then she seems angry and worried at the same time, hmmmmmm..... anyway its just a hinge so whatever, I cleared my thoughts as I stepped into my department.

I walked in on a very angry Dr. Alex scolding Aubrey again, I guess he's feeling better, thank the heavens, and innocent Aubrey, my gosh will she ever get used to this.

Immediately I remembered the Incident of me yelling at Dr. Alex yesterday, I bowed my head and greeted him, as i immediately hurried  away from his sight, but before I could enter the locker room my name echoed all around the office.

"Miss Irene", he called as I looked back gently in fear, - my office now", oh no God what do i do he's going to fire me or what if he no no no, I wondered as I trailed quickly behind him.

"Miss Irene am sure we both know why your here, right? He asked with a questionable face.

Omg how do I know why am here, I have done a lot of things to him that I actually don't know why am here, Irene wow OK let's just go slowly OK, take a breathe.

"Err.. Yeah I think so sir", - you think? Are you being serious, you are almost an hour minute late for your shift along with miss lily", there was a little silence in the room as my head was down looking at my feet with regrets, one minute his I'll and the other minute he's scolding me.

"Keep this up and we'll be able to count how many more hours you'll spend here",

"Am so sorry sir, it won't be repeated again sir", I apologized as I bowed my head.

"And here you dropped this while you were at my place", he pushed my hair clip towards me, oh so that's were it was, I looked for it earlier when I got home, I picked it up from the table and bowed in appreciation.

"Oh and one more thing, do you have a good looking dinner dress?
"Uhmm...yeah I guess so", OK where is he going with this, I have not even a single clue about where he's headed with this.
" Good, come to this address tomorrow by 4:30pm sharp with the dress on and call me when you get there ", he spoke as he handed me a piece of paper with an address on it.
"Sir if I may ask, why am I doing this? I questioned him in the most polite way I could, being tactful not to stir up his anger.
"I'll tell you that tomorrow when you get there, well that will be all for now, go get ready and prepare with the others for the ward rounds",
-yes sir", I responded as I left his office.

Am still very confused about this, dinner dress, 4:30, tomorrow, and what about my shift, I'll be late again for my shift, I can't afford to be, oh wait he's the boss so i think it will be fine, let's just wait, hope and see what  happens I thought to myself as I changed into my hospital uniform and headed towards the wards.

" And how is my favorite buddy feeling today", I smiled at kumal, as he smiled back at me showing of his pretty dimples.

"I feel better Dr. He smiled as he spoke, - oh no, just call me by my name Irene or you could give me a nick name, come on think of one", I asked him as he rose his chin a little higher along with his dramatical gaze.

" I think I'll call you ICY, yes icy, its perfect", - wait, why ICY? I asked lowering my body down to his side, with a puzzled face.

"I just had the feeling so I decided to", he smiled cheerfully, - OK if you say so then I won't refuse, now we should have a secret handshake as buddies right, come on", I spoke as we both lifted our hands and came up with a beautiful handshake.

" yeah so this is how we greet each other from now on OK", - OK ICY", he smiled as we both laughed together.

Don't forget to vote, by clicking the little star below ❤ thank you.