Chapter 12

I just did not know how to feel, I was confused at the same time I was angry and sad, they were just mixed feelings but one thing was sure, I did not like how I was feeling. Why did Alex do this, it's like he was under a spell or something, he just tragically changed.

At least talking to lart relieved a bit of my stress, he always finds a way to help me feel better, even without being here with me, I just hope he and Sandra's wedding go very smoothly.
      I sat and watched TV for a while, read a book, although I didn't finish it, I just wanted to distract myself from all this, I eventually slept off.

                          **********

It was finally yet another morning of thinking about my life sadly, as I walked into the shower, I took a contrast shower as I dried my hair and got dressed, I felt down today so I just wore a black long dress, I wasn't in the mood for a makeover at all, my days now weren't as bright as they were before, I used to be very happy then, now everything around me seems tiring, that I don't want to even try any more, its just stressful.

I then remembered what Lily told me about not getting distracted and stressed out thinking too much. I decided not to look at my phone anymore, it made me hate Alex bit by bit.

After a while of eating I was filled up, I decide to walk around the house a bit. I was in the hallways looking around when I heard a familiar voice, yes, it was Alex and he was speaking on the phone in a manner I did not like even though I didn't understand it. I thought he wasn't home, I even told Nana an emergency situation had come up, am guessing she didn't see him here, i'll have to stall him a little so it won't seem like he came home too fast.

   Alex was in his study as he kept rambling and complaining, I pulled closer to the door of his study as I leaned a little towards the door as I could hear his voice a bit better now.

"You know, I don't know, I don't know what to feel anymore, its kind of like I want to get rid of her and I can't, something keeps letting me not let go of her, I just don't know", he kept on complaining as I could feel the frustration coming from his voice, is he seriously talking to Eartha again and even seeking advice from her, he's totally lost it, I leaned in to listen again, but suddenly my phone rang.

   It rang so loud cutting even Alex from talking, I moved away from the door after pressing my volume buttons to silence the call as I looked at the caller ID, it was Lart, I answered it as I walked down and out of the hallway, I hope Alex won't confront me about eavesdropping on him, anyways its not like I care.

"Hey, Lart, how are you? I asked smiling a little as I could hear a little shuffle from his side of the phone.

"Am doing great Irene, uhm...am kind of outside your house now, so...,

"You're what, omg hold up i'll be right at the door, don't move ok.
  I ordered him as I ended the call and walked a little bit faster towards the front door.
I immediately opened the door without ordering the maids to do so.
   There he stood looking dazzling, that's my bestie right there.

"Ayyy, look who it is ", I said as I walked up to him and gave him a tight hug, with my bump getting in the way, it felt a bit awkward and I know it was uncomfortable for lart too as he hugged me back.

"This baby isn't letting us have our friendship hug in peace", he nagged a little as he stamped his feet in a childish way making his hair jittle from the effect, it was cute as I smiled and he did so too.

"Oh come on in", I ushering him in holding his hand as the maids locked the door. We walked to the living room. As he sat adjacent to me and smiled, looking around the house.

"Is Alex home, I don't see him anywhere ", he asked as my mood changed a little,  thinking of his conversation I over heard, but I managed my emotions well enough for Lart not to react to it.

"Oh he's in his study now, he'll come around pretty soon", I smiled.

"So how have you been, how's the preparation for the wedding going and how's our pretty bride? I asked trying to lighten the mood a bit.

"Yeah, well great, everything's going great, and of course Sandra is fine, except for her mood swings recently, I think she's very nervous for the wedding", he smiled showing off his dimples as I smiled back.

"Its normal, I mean I was nervous too, the pressure can't just be understood, anyways let's walk around outside a bit, the garden's fine? I looked at him with a questioned face, awaiting approval, of course I could not talk to him here, our conversation would be overheard. And yes of course Lart is very smart he noticed I wasn't comfortable with his venue so he agreed.

"Sure I would love a walk, the weather great today", he smiled as I did so too. Before we left i told one of the maids to get us snacks out in the garden while I and Lart were there, so we won't have to wait, the snacks would keep us company as we spoke, so yeah we went for a walk in the garden.

Don't forget to vote, by clicking the little star below ❤ thank you.