Chapter 36

I was now done with my checkups, I was thirsty and my throat was dry, i walked up to where the drink machine was, I inserted my coin as I clicked the button for the drink I wanted as I waited for it to roll down, just then Guy walked up to the machine too.

"Hi", omg! Did he just say hi, I thought they all said he was timid and hardly spoke.

"Oh why hello, surprised to see you here, I thought you where in for the morning duty? I asked as I picked my drink which already rolled down for me to pick up.

"Uhm...yeah I am, I was waiting for one of my patients guardian, I needed to meet up with them, but they took a while to come, because they just came back from a journey you see", he explained.

"Oh oh that's why, cool, so I'll see you around then" I smiled at him as he did the same and I walked away from him, opening my drink as I headed back to the unit.

"Girl finally, you know you're late right, what took so long? I asked as I noticed lily in the office when I got in, she looked tired and stressed out.

"Girl what can I say family stuff, I've been so busy lately", she spoke tying her hair up in a neat bun.

"I'll be going for my ward rounds now, when am back you'll give me my gist in full detail, ok? She smiled

"Ok then", I laughed as she smiled back exiting the office, something is definitely wrong with lily, I'll have to find out, but how.
   I thought and pondered for a while, until a thought crossed me, i know lily loves stories so much, I'll tell lily if she doesn't let me see or invite me to her house I won't give her any gist for sure, am quite positive she'll give in, I smiled to myself, just then Alex walked in. Our eyes both met as I jerked back a little looking away from his, he also seemed surprised to see me.

"Irene, come to my office please", he called out, what why would he do that why did he call me Irene instead of Dr irene like he always does, something isn't right with him also. I nodded slightly as my department colleagues were now staring with puzzled faces, I used my hair to hide my face as I followed behind Alex hurriedly and entered his office.

I locked the door behind me, as my mind was now on different thoughts, what would he say, last night was a mistake, sure it was he's just like the others, I scoffed.

"Miss Irene, Irene can you hear me", OMG! He was calling me and I was so lost in my thoughts I mumbled as I tightened eyes and bowed in apology.

"Am so sorry, i lost focus it won't repeat it self", I apologised bowing down, as i raised my hair the unthinkable happened. My hair was stuck on a part of his table, I pulled it with force when I tried getting up, it hurt as hell.

"Ow, ow, Owww, my hair" I lamented as i tried pulling my hair out.

"Just hold on, hold on okay let me help" Alex spoke softly as he came closer to help me with my hair. His masculine cologne got the better of me, as he came closer, it was all I could breathe in, it was like the air around me was suddenly just filled with the scent of his cologne. He struggled for a bit before finally he could help release my hair, I rose my head gently with my hand behind it on my head, surprisingly his hands were still on my hair as our eyes met, he was staring deeply into mine I could feel it, even though I looked back at him, i could tell his gaze was an intense one.

"Err.. Thanks", I spoke pulling away from his hold slowly.

"Yeah, yeah, there's no need", he cleared his throat as he returned to his seat adjusting his clothes.

"Send in your reports on the patients your in charge of immediately, I need to see how their recovery is going and sign on them".

"Yes, Dr I will right away", this time I moved back a little before I bowed, keeping a straight face as I looked back at him, I saw the unthinkable, a smile.

ALEX POV.

She did it again, she made me feel a presence, that feeling of euphoria I never wanted to experience because I felt guilty of it, that happiness I locked myself out from, Eartha. How did she always manage to do it, I just find myself being drawn to her, what's happening to me, every time I get close to her I just want to stay like that with her for a long time.
   Recently things have been going on, not to talk about the kiss last night, does she even recall, am having a different feeling towards her, do I have to bring Dr. Auburn into this, she would have an answer for me, of course am sure of it, I'll send her a message to set up a schedule for when I can visit, coming to think of it, its been a while since I had my PTSD episodes, I haven't seen her since then, well that's weird, let me send her a text, these are not working hours I don't want to bother her by waking her up by this time with a call.

                     ------------------------

"So I'll see you tomorrow then, 11 sharp at the hospital with Jenna?

"Sure doc whatever you say" he laughed over the phone, its been a while I spoke to him and saw him too, lart has been such a good friend no matter the distance or time, he remembers me all the time.

"Ok then I'll see you tomorrow, bye", I smiled.

"Bye", he replied as he ended the call.

Don't forget to vote, by clicking the little star below ❤ thank you.