Chapter 31

"Miss Irene Nana has asked me to lead you to your room", a maid with thick black hair spoke to me with her head bowed down.

"Yes dear, go have some rest, tomorrow, Alex will go drop you off, but as for now, its already late, so I insist you stay honey", she spoke as her wrinkles creased while she smiled weakly.

"Ok ma'am, thank you so much for the hospitality, I appreciate it", I replied.

"No its fine child, and you can also call me Nana as everyone does ok",

"Ok I will",

"Ok then see you tomorrow", she smiled again and walked away from me, am guessing she's going to room already.

I sighed a little as I followed the maid, leading me to my room, I couldn't see Alex anywhere, am guessing he too has gone to his room, ok let's do this Irene.

We got to a room close to where I don't even know, but it was upstairs, in a hallway, with other rooms.

"This is it miss, have a good night rest", the maid spoke as she walked away, leaving me to explore the room on my own.
    I opened the door and it was of course a huge room, it kind of looks like Alex's room, but this time the shade and colour was different.

The room was kind of made with a wooden design, it had a lot of antiques and paintings.
    By the bedside also laid a telephone, a jug filled with water and a glass, on the other side of the bed there was a dim table lamp. I noticed the wardrobe and I opened it, it was empty from top to bottom.

The aroma of the room was well scented, and fit the room texture perfectly. I dropped my bag at the side of the table as I removed my shoes and sat on the bed. I looked around the room and I noticed an old vintage record player, I walked towards it and played the disk which was already on it, it was a very old song but the lyric and beats told other wise. I slowly swayed my body to the beat as I mouthed the lyrics with my hand in a fist, serving as my mic.

  I smiled to myself as I entered the bathroom and looked around, I couldn't even take my bath, because I had nothing to wear and this dress can't serve as a nightgown even in the slightest.
    I sighed as I sat back on the bed and turned my phone on, I dropped it at the side table, waiting for it to boot before I call or text.
  Just then there was a knock on the door, I walked towards it as I gently opened the door and peeped slightly.

"Miss Nana has ordered me to bring you these clothes for the night", Valerie smiled and handed me a bunch of clothes,

"But these are too much for one night, one dress would be enough for me", I replied feeling awkward.

"No miss I insist you keep it, you don't just know,  when you might need it", she smiled, stuffing the bunch of clothes in my hand,smiled and walked away. I struggled a little with the clothes as I kicked the door close and put the clothes on the bed.
    Weird, why did she give me so much clothes, I just needed one, anyway I need to go take a bath now, I stink. I stuffed some of the dresses in the wardrobe as I picked the one I would wear for the night and put it on the bed, as I headed for the bathroom.

The music was still playing as another track shuffled in, I could hear it clearly in the bathroom as I entered the bath tub, the water hit my skin, keeping me tense at the beginning and relax later on as I showered, I stood in it for about 4 minutes as I let the water help me relax.

I got out of the bathroom as I dried my hair with a towel, thank the heavens I always have little makeup with me in case of any fallout or error I made. Just as I sat on the bed a call came in, it was from lily, I smiled lightly, knowing lily is going to tease me for being where I am now, being the kind of girl she is, I turned off the music, as i swiped right answering her call.

Lily: OMG!!! You have just shown me how smart you are, I really need to learn from you, I thought you were slow but girl, you just proved me wrong.

Irene: Hey lily, how are you doing, are you at the hospital already, any emergencies.

I tried to change the topic, but tough luck for me, lily was a feisty one.

Lily: Cut the crap girl, your at Alex's mansion and your not even nervous one bit, bravo girl wow.

I just smiled lightly on the phone.

Lily: Look you've been there twice already, am having a feeling.

Irene: You're so funny lily, please stop those feelings your having and think straight,make your thinking similar to mine ok.

Lily: Ok ok I hear you fine, so why are you at Alex's place.

Irene: Good question, well its kind of a long story but I'll cut it short for you, so listen carefully.
Remember I came over to Alex's mansion the first time because he was Ill and there was no nurse at that time so i had to fill in for them, because i was the only free one at that time, all those happened and he became better and I left, well unfortunately for me, I left my hair clip, in his room and then his house maids started talking about me and how I took care of him and of course about my hair clip I left behind, making his Nana overhear there conversations and ask me over to there place for dinner, of course i couldn't refuse, what if Alex fired me for that so i agreed and came over and I couldn't control time, because my phone was switched off as Alex told me to do so, and she insisted I stayed over, seeing that its already so late,an...n....d... am here talking to you.

Don't forget to vote, by clicking the little star below ❤ thank you.