Chapter 37

NANA POV.

Nana: "You needed to see them honey they look so good together, am so relieved to see Alex with another woman to an extent of getting intimate with her, I think the heavens are finally responding to my prayers Darling".

Victoria: "Of course Nana I think, they finally listening, this could really help with his PTSD too, she's really a blessing , I feel like I have missed a wedding. (Smiles)

Nana: " yes dear I think so too, I really hope she's able to change him more.

Victoria: "The moment I saw her, I had a good feeling, for brother to bring her home, its something special, she's nice too and pretty and I happen to know her sister too, I really hope they work out, we also have to help too a bit, you know, set things in place for them. (Laughs teasingly)

Nana: "Aren't you just naughty Vicky, well I certainly agree with you, so tell me what's the plan?

Vicky: "Ok so.........

                       ***********

"Uhm here are the reports sir" I dropped the papers in front of Alex as he scanned through them, with a serious face, just then my phone rang.
   No, no, no, no not this time, whoever is calling has such bad timing, I apologised slightly as Alex eyes were now boring holes on my forehead, I looked at the caller ID and to my very surprise it was "NANA" my eyes widened as I looked at Alex whose eyes wanted me to turn of the phone sound, I came closer to his table and stretched the phone towards him so he could get a closer look at who was calling.

"My Nana, but why, why would she call you I have no missed calls".

"I don't know what to do" I replied looking at him as he was now standing in front of the table, he came towards me to where I stood as he leaned one hand on the table.

"Go on pick up, and put it on speaker mode" he ordered, as I did so.

Irene: Hello Nana

Nana:Hello darling, how are you?

Irene: Am fine Nana and how are you?

Nana: Am doing fine honey, am sure you must be at work now, right?

Irene: Yes, am also so surprised that you called at this late hour, hope everything is fine?

Nana: Oh don't bother, everything here is just fine, I just called to ask you for a favour?

Irene: Oh ok Nana go on, I can hear you.

I was now getting nervous and I could see Alex too was feeling the same as he kept tapping one of his shoes on the floor so hard, I placed my hand on his thigh motioning for him to calm down and stop tapping so hard, he looked up at me and took a deep breath and became calm as we all waited for Nana to speak at the other end of the line.

Nana: Are you perhaps free tomorrow?

I and Alex immediately stared at each other, with surprise, what was Nana trying to say.....

Irene: Oh am so sorry, I have plans tomorrow Nana.

Nana: Oh is that so....

Now Nana's voice sounded so disappointed as i refused her proposal.

Nana: Ok how about Monday then, I'll talk to my grandson about it, so he could excuse you from work, what do you say?

Now Alex was getting furious, and embarrassed at the same time, he suddenly tried to speak, Nan....., he muffled as I used my hand to clasp his mouth close, not letting him say another word, I did so also startling Alex as he stared at me and I cut eye contact with him as I continued speaking to Nana.

Nana: What was that, were you calling out to me, dear?

Irene: Ye..ye..yes Nana, I said yes, please get back to me, when you have confirmed it from him.

Nana: That's great, dear thank you so much... I'll send Harrison to your house if he accepts OK.

Irene: Yes Nana, I'll be waiting, bye Nana.

Nana: Bye honey.

She ended the call, as I now stared at Alex, my hand was still on his mouth, I didn't realize it, until he motioned me to let go of him, as I did so immediately.

"How are we going to fix this, I won't be letting you go anywhere, my Nana has always been like this, am sorry if she's making you uncomfortable Irene".

"No no no its fine, I should go, I don't want Nana feeling bad about anything, besides its not good for her health you know" I spoke back at Alex making him look at me in a surprising manner, there we had it again, I spoke to him casually again, it turned a habit of mine, but I somehow felt it was the right thing to do.
    "Am sorry sir to speak to you in such a casual manner",

"No no no worries it's fine, I just feel my Nana is pressuring you these days with all her teasing and requests, the other day it was dinner, now only the heavens knows what She's planning this time, ahh Nana"

"Old people tend to go all the way back to behave like kids once again, with there requests and all, but we still love them for who they are right?
I spoke now bending my face upwards to look at his.

"Well yeah I guess", he smiled back at me, as we both laughed for a while, and then we started laughing hard at our own laughter's. It went on for a while before I left his office, with the documents I took for signing.

After some hours my duty was now over, as I was about to leave when lily approached me.

"Not so fast lucky Lady, trying to run away I see", she called out.

"I wasn't running, I saw you sleeping and I didn't want to interrupt you by waking you up you know, you look peaceful when you sleep", I smiled at her.

"Really, are you trying to play the changing of topic game right now, cause honey you have failed", she laughed weirdly.

"So are you ready to tell me everything, Irene?

"Yes, but on one condition".......

Don't forget to vote, by clicking the little star below ❤ thank you.