Chapter 38

"Lily do agree to what my condition is orr.... should I just go home", I asked her, she was now getting nervous, I noticed it because she kept doing weird things like, itching her hair or chewing her nails, stamping her feet, I noticed she does that when, she gets nervous or when I talk about Noah.

"Er...ok fine then you are invited, I also have something to tell you anyway", she spat out.

"Really, now that's a deal were striking right? I asked

"Right", she replied in a calm tune.

We got to the bus stop, but this time she followed me home, I had to go take a shower and change my clothes, before leaving for Lily's house.
     When I got home, I met only Rio, he said mum went to see some of her friends since its weekend. I made tea for I and lily and we accompanied it with chocolate cookies. I got changed and we headed over to Lily's home.
     On the way there I noticed the road lily took was different, this wasn't the bus stop she always took from work, something is weird, I looked at her with a puzzled look, but she blinked her eyes slowly, telling me she knew what she was doing.

  The gate alone was magnificent, it was made of gold as the sun rays cascaded down on it making it glow, I stood in front of it in awe as i looked back at lily.

"You live here? I asked as she became a little shy,

"Yeah I do....,

"No don't tell me, you're this rich and you didn't even give me a hint about it, you even stay in that little apartment with your sister, lily you're really one weird girl",

"I know right, well that's why I said I have things to tell you, come on let's go in".
    She pulled my hand as we entered, it was a little far from where the building stood, so we walked a little.

We got to the entrance of the house as the doors opened on their own, they where automatic doors, I was so shocked as I never expected this much from lily, she doesn't even look or act it.

"You're the first friend am bringing home just so you know, so my family may be a little weird and ask you weird questions, just try ignore them OK and smile I'll try my best to avoid such questions".

"Its fine lily, besides I would love to meet them anyway, I bet their as fun as their daughter",

"Let's hope so", she spoke and sighed a little as we entered the house.

The house had great interiors and was very beautiful, almost all the corners of the rooms had paintings on them it was stunning. As we walked into the living room, I spotted Laiya first as I smiled slightly at her I then noticed an elderly woman, she had so many accessories on it was obvious she has great fashion sense and elegance as she sat in a decent manner.
      A lady who should be in her late 20's stood beside an older man who sat on a wheel chair and the resemblance between them was so canning and obvious that he was her relative, and at his other corner of the man stood a helper.

" Good morning sir, good morning ma'am " i greeted them bowing a little as i smiled gracefully and they returned the smile too but in a puzzled manner.

"Pa, Ma, Aunt, this is my friend, Irene, Irene meet my family", lily spoke out and also facing me a little and smiling awkwardly.

After a few minutes with getting to know lily and Laiya's family, we both went to her room. Her room was painted purple and white, it was so pretty with all the stickers hanging on the wall, it was just amazing.

"Wow your room is so pretty, lily I think I'll come here for a slumber party one of these days huh" I teased her and budged her shoulder.

"Well your room certainly is more prettier, with your celebrity crush's picture all over the room, he certainly has to dream of you one of this days", she laughed as I too did the same.

Earlier when I spoke to lily's parents I felt something was wrong, i think its because of her father's health or something, I just knew something was off and I'll ask lily about it later.

"Are you thinking about my family? You puzzled?

Of course my emotions got the better of me, I tried so hard to hide them but they won over me instead.

"Lily no it's fine if you don't...., before she cut me in.

"I'll have to one day, haha,..... My dad has stage 3 colon cancer, and upon the large amount of money he has, he can't be helped because they say its too late, some of our business crumbled, since my mum broke down for almost a year after hearing about dad's illness, but she's a strong woman after all, she got back up and began taking over family business.
    If you noticed sometimes I had to leave the hospital urgently.....,

  She now looked at me with tears in her eyes, for me to recall the moments she was talking about, I just nodded towards her as I stroked her back a little with my palm in comfort.

"Well dad's illness became worse and sometimes it seems he's already dead, but somehow his pills help calm the reactions he kept having, so we are all just praying and hoping he'll be better, or ready for the worst".

"Am so sorry lily I don't even know what to say lily",

"No its fine Irene I understand how shocking this can be for you, but its fine am getting over it little by little now",

She smiled lightly, and cleaned her tears as she sniffed her nose and looked at me, I gave her a warm hug of comfort as I rubbed her back a little. I decided to change the topic a little to cheer her up.

Don't forget to vote, by clicking the little star below ❤ thank you.