Chapter 14

Huh, why are you hesitating, do you love another girl”, she asked her eyes now widening little by little with shock.

“No, no I do love Sandra, don’t think too much ok, now let’s go in and rest don’t think too much ok. I told her as I supported her holding her hand firmly inside the mansion and up to her room.

We stayed together in her room for a while, before she fell asleep, I laid her gently on the bed as I covered her with the sheets. I was now walking to the guest room when Alex suddenly approached me.

“I see you’re getting comfortable already, please do enjoy yourself consider this your home” as he smiled and walked away not letting me speak, well RUDE!

                        *********

“Why is she here, she really has guts”, Lart spoke as he was not happy at all seeing Eartha so early in the morning.

“She does it sometimes, she also prepares meals for me too sometimes when she comes as I told you in the garden yesterday, you remember right”, I spoke turning to look at him, as he nodded back agreeing to what I said.

“Oh hello Irene, you look so healthy and pretty this morning, how was your night? She asked as she smiled.

“I could say the same for you, you look nice as well”, I replied smiling back at her.

“And who is this, your friend? She asked looking in the direction of lart.

“Yes he is my best friend Lart, Lart this is Eartha, Alex’s ex fiancée”, I spoke looking at Lart and back at Eartha.

“Oh hi, it’s nice to meet you”, Eartha smiled as she shook Lart hand and they both smiled at each other, obviously Lart was fake smiling I could see it all over him.

“Well Alex and I have some business to work on today so I would be borrowing him from you for a moment, I could right?

Like she doesn’t take him with her literally every like her handbag, and what borrow come on girl he’s all yours, have you forgotten already.

“Oh sure why not, he’s not helping out with anything, by the way Lart is here so its fine”, I smiled back as she did so and excused herself from our presence.

Later in the day, I went to the garden as I strolled a little, Lart left for a while as he said he had some things to attend to. I walked slowly as I started to feel little movements in my tummy, after some seconds it became worse that was when I felt it, my water broke. I screamed for help as the maids came to my aid, immediately I requested they call Alex but he wasn’t responding so I decided they call Lart, I wasn’t myself at all, I was in pain and it was severe. The maids rushed me to the car as I was immediately taken to the hospital.

Getting there, I was immediately attended to as of course I was known all around, as I was rolled into the operation room I caught a glimpse of Lart’s worried face as he helped the nurses roll me into the operation room.

“You’ll be fine ok, you got this, I’ll be waiting outside for you, be strong ok”, I heard his encouraging words as I was successfully rolled in and the operation started.

LART’s POV.
Sitting outside the operating room, the red light at the peak of the operating room door indicated that the operation was still going on, it made me intense as ever, when was this going to be over, I hope she’s fine as I could hear her screams from outside it shook me up every second I heard it, I could no longer sit down.

After about an hour of intensely waiting outside the operating room, the lights finally went off as I looked at the door which threw up a good amount of nurses as I waited for the doctor who was in charge, he finally emerged.

“Doc, how is she? Was it successful? I blurted out expecting answers as the Doctor smiled.

“It was a success, it’s a baby girl and the mother and child are safe and responding very well”, he smiled as he patted my shoulder.

I was so relieved as my intense shoulders dropped to relief.

“Can I go see them now? I asked.

“Not yet the mother is still isn’t awake as she passed out due to weakness, so you’ll have to wait little more before you can go in”, the Doctor explained.

I immediately understood as I nodded and thanked the Doctor as he walked away. I sat outside for a while, I had to wait because there was no one else, the maids had already returned and Alex still wasn’t responding, I have no idea why but something wasn’t right.

“Excuse me Sir, excuse me”, I heard a voice as I was tapped on my back, it was a nurse, guess I fell asleep.

“You could go in now the patient is now awake”, she smiled as she walked away, I adjusted my clothes a little as I entered the room.

Walking inside, the room was warm as I could see Irene lying on the bed with her baby by her side in her arms, she immediately turned her head to see who it was as she heard the sound of the door as I walked in.

She smiled as she saw I was the one, it was beautiful.

“Look who’s a mummy”, I teased her a little holding her cheeks as she smiled.
It was a beautiful baby girl, as she yawned a little and squeezed her hands tightly, she was fast asleep.

“What about Alex, he’s not here yet? She asked looking up at me.

“Uhmm… errr… he went with the Doctor, he’ll be back soon ok don’t worry, are you hungry do you need anything to eat? I asked her diverting the question to prevent her from worrying.

Don't forget to vote, by clicking the little star below ❤ thank you.