Chapter 49

"Hello, is anyone here, helllooo", I called out, I pushed the doors open, only to meet a dark and quiet room, I can't even see of hear anything.
Just as I was about to turn back and leave, suddenly there was a light, a spotlight actually and under the light, knelt Alex with a ring in his hand, ok now, what the hell!!!

  "Irene, please will you marry me", Alex spoke as he smiled lightly still on one knee, now,.... really,.... WHAT THE HELL!!!
He's proposing, omg he actually is proposing, am so nervous, no isn't it too early, I can't refuse him, oh no what do I do?
"Err Alex are you serious? Don't you think it's a bit too early? I asked looking at Alex face and hoping he doesn't get disappointed.

"No it isn't Irene, if you want you can postpone the wedding, but I really love you Irene, I do, now will you please be my wife already, huh? He asked raising his brows smiling a little and waiting for an answer. Wow I never knew Alex had this side of him.

"Wow Alex I never knew you had this side of you before, you've always been so grumpy to me, even at work, hmmm", I spoke as I frowned a little, folded my arms and turned away from him.
He stood up from where he knelt and walked up to me, and turned me to face him.

"You know Irene, you really changed me, I never thought even in my wildest dreams, a day like this would come, but you showed me things, I intentionally hid from myself and made them look beautiful to me, I love you Irene", he smiled as he looked deep into my eyes. I extended my fingers towards him as he put the ring on me, and then we kissed.
  Suddenly all the lights went on and there was applaud from all corners of the room, I broke the kiss and looked around, omg I can't believe this, everyone is here, Nana,Vicky, lily, Janelle, Rio, lart, Jenna, Millie, everyone was here, omg even, Guy, Jesse, Kumal,Laiya, Jonah, Noah, mum, wait... MUM!! My mum's here? Oh wow, now what's really happening, I was still shocked at all the people I saw, they kept applauding as my Mum and Nana, walked closer to where I stood.

"I told you she'll come, didn't I? I know her very well, she's a really nice girl", Nana spoke to Alex as she smiled back at me after doing so.
"Errm..Nana, are you ok, is everything fine with you, I was so scared that something might have happened, since I didn't see you at the store we were supposed to meet, whew! thank God you're safe" I sighed as I placed my hand on my chest.
"What if she didn't come Nana, what would you have done? Alex asked looking puzzled.
"Aish, that doesn't matter at least she's here now, right? Nana smiled looking at Alex, my mum and then me, as we all smiled.
"Oh honey am so proud of you baby you turned out to be a very nice, pretty and honest girl, you're all I ever wanted as a child, am so happy I happen to be your mum", she smiled as she held my hands as she spoke, and then we hugged.

"Oh mother, don't say that, and yeah that reminds me, I have to do something very important, mum do you have any beauty wipes, on you?

"Yes honey, here you go", mum handed me the wipes as I got everyone's attention, I'll have to end this today, I thought to myself.

"Uhm...hello everyone, am quite startled as you all can see, and am also very happy you all are here and planned this together, it really makes me feel so loved and emotional at the same time", I smiled playfully as I fake wiped a tear and everyone laughed as I also did so, but today I have to show you all the real me, this part of me, really took away my self esteem and confidence, and today I am very happy and glad I am able to fight it back, but I also don't wanna leave any of you in the dark, seeing what you all have done for me here today, being here today already shows, the love you all show me so much and I really really really am grateful for everything", I smiled lightly as I began to wipe my makeup away from my face, I was feeling really scared at this time, what if they all laughed at me, what if I get kicked out of Alex's life, what if lily would hate me and never talk to me again, I thought as I finished wiping away the make up from my face and stared back at all of them, first I found it weird there were no murmurs, and when I looked at their faces they were mostly smiling, although there where shocked faces, they still looked encouraging.

"Yes, this is the real me, I look horrible without makeup, I look like a complete different person, and I felt I should show you all, because I don't want to lie to anyone here about anything, you all are like my family, and I really respect that, I don't want any of you to feel lied to, because I know this secret of mine would surface one day", I finished speaking as I noticed grandma walked up to me and held my hand.

"Darling, you look even more pretty now, hey can I tell you a secret", Nana asked as she whispered something into my ears and smiled after doing so.

    What!! No way Nana's the owner of the company I buy my makeup from, now that's really what they call a surprise, I looked extremely shock. I was about to spill a surprised phrase when she shushed me with her finger, and I smiled at her. I looked back at everyone and they where now all smiling.

"Come on Irene, you're pretty just the way you are, don't let anybody change that", lily spoke as she came to me and hugged me, after she spoke.

  "Yeah, there's no big deal about that, like have you seen me without makeup, whoosh! Girl... You will be blown, you thank God you still have a high nose, after removing your makeup, cause I don't even have one", Millie spoke jokingly as everyone laughed even me. They all came towards me hugging me every second one person broke their hug.

"I really love your self confidence Irene, I don't think I'll be able to that in years if I was in your shoes", Vicky smiled as she also gave me a hug.

"Wow I'll like to say, I never thought Alex as this type of guy", Jonah spoke as everyone laughed.

    We all stayed for dinner at the Gemini's, it was a very sweet and happy reunion everyone had, I could see lily and Noah really went far already as they giggled around each other a lot, and Laiya, she surprised me actually, I think she likes Jonah, she keeps blushing at whatever he tells her, well good for her. I was really happy that everyone's here, I looked at Alex and smiled as he also did the same.

Don't forget to vote, by clicking the little star below ❤ thank you.