Chapter 4

“May this child be the source of joy and happiness in this mansion and in your hearts, so as the sun shines in the morning and moon at night, it will bring good luck upon this family at the right times even at times we least expect, it will be a great blessing and always bring the whole family together no matter what”, Nana smiled as she looked up to me after her prayers as I mouthed Amen lightly and she nodded in approval. I looked up at Alex as he smiled back at me, indeed he was happy.

Of course Lily had to know as she was so excited, she said she was going to come visit as soon as she was off work, my mum and Rio just left as they also came visiting, of course typical my mum had to bring all the fruits in our garden with her and a lot of vegetables, they were a lot. News also got to Janelle as she gave me a call, she was also super excited as she congratulated me, she teased me a little saying she can’t actually wait to see my baby bump, she was never in a hurry to marry, I teased her also saying my baby would be older than hers but it didn’t bother her anyways, she was currently in England for a business deal, she told me she was to partner with this new English designers so she had to be present at the meeting, so she couldn’t come over, I didn’t worry though as far as she called it was fine, it showed she cared. 
   I was in my room as I received a lot of texts from people on my phone, of course news would fly so fast, most of my work mates and some people I knew at the hospital sent me texts, videos and a lot of funny GIFS and memes, some of them were so hilarious, they kept me laughing for a while, well they all congratulated me and I appreciated them each, it was tiring but it made me excited as well.
It was evening already, but I was so tired and sleepy already, because throughout the day no one let me do anything, they basically could not even let me get water to drink, it was annoying lying in bed for the rest of the day, I tell you my body ached.

Just moments after my body hurt like hell, Alex came to get me to go strolling a little around the house, it really helped with the cool breeze and all. My baby bump wasn’t out yet but my walking step changed, it was funny but I made it that way, I always saw how pregnant women walked, so I now had that thinking, a baby was growing in my tummy, so my reflexes just kicked and it happened, they all laughed at me at the beginning but as it grew, it wasn’t weird anymore.

                  *********

It’s been 32 weeks since I had been pregnant, of course I got so many gifts within these few months, it was beautiful, I didn’t think I needed to buy any more stuff, I was kind of a person who didn’t like to have so much things stuffs in a place and then they were so much we had to create a baby room for them, but of course Alex insisted, we had to buy new stuffs. There were gifts from Alex’s colleagues, business partners, his friends and also a lot of hospital workers came over to visit at the mansion.

Janelle finally came visiting although she only stayed for about two weeks before leaving, she couldn’t be absent from her duties at work as her assistant kept calling, sometimes she had to ignore the calls, she’s so busy now that I can’t last a full month with her anymore, her job is the kind that you never get any holidays, you’re either designing Christmas dresses or Halloween outfits or red carpet outfits and so on, but Janelle pulls it off quite well, she also bought me baby toys and a baby cradle it was so cute, I loved it, lily on the other hand bought me a lot of clothes she was so excited. But with all of this and that was happening, surprisingly Eartha was the one person who sent me the most gifts, so the weird game now was that sometimes she would come to the mansion, go to the kitchen herself and prepare my meals for me, she would sometimes pack them in a flask if she comes over and I am sleeping or out doing yoga sessions, it was very weird, my husband’s ex doing all this, I had no idea what it meant but it wasn’t comfortable, I didn’t know if she had a motive or not, and I didn’t want to over react and be like, “ hey you, stop all your Nonsense, your my husband’s ex I think you have motive, this isn’t right blah blah blah” I wasn’t that kind of person, if there was anything I avoided was trouble, I hated it, although I stopped her at first she wouldn’t want to, so I just appreciated her each time she helped me and let it go.

These few days as my bump grew bigger it was so uncomfortable too sleep, I would toss and turn all night, sometimes it made Alex leave the whole bed for me and sleep in the guest room, I felt sad because I dragged him out of his comfort zone. We drifted apart a little because my mummy baby activities were totally different from his busy and tight schedules. Sometimes we just spoke through the phone, he comes so late sometimes I would sleep off before he arrives or when I wake up he’s no longer there.

Don't forget to vote, by clicking the little star below ❤ thank you.