Chapter 10

"Babe, is something wrong, are you mad at me, your moods lately have been cold and all, it’s unlike you, so unlike you”, he asked with a puzzled expression.

“Everything is totally fine, I have no idea on the cold expression you are talking about”, I gave a fake smile again.

“See, you see that smile its fake it’s not you, did I maybe do something wrong, without realizing” he asked again and I just smiled.

“Or is it because of Eartha? I immediately dropped my facial cream that I was applying on the table with a bang making the sound to echo in the whole room.

“Am going to be late, if I continue to sit here and listen to you”, I answered feeling pressured as I walked away from him and into the closet.

“Hey, you don’t have any appointments today, do you? I heard his voice ask from the room.

“No I don’t” I simply answered, he didn’t have to know where I went all the time.

“So where then? He still asked, but I gave no answer, after wearing my dress and shoes, I walked out of the closet, just as I walked to the door I turned back to look at him, his face filled with anger and confusion.

“Let’s just say I went to the hospital shall we”, I smiled as I walked out and shut the door behind me.
Did he really think he would just trap me at home because am pregnant and I wouldn’t go anywhere, oh and he’s out there having fun with Eartha, he’s kidding me am not that stupid Alex.

Nana was out in the garden so I couldn’t meet her before I left, as I headed over to Lily’s.

                     **********

“Aunt Irene”, Heidi yelled as she opened the door for me, she smiled brightly as I ruffled her hair a little.

“How is my precious little girl doing” I asked her as she beamed more,

“Am fine aunt, how are you doing and how is your baby is it still growing? She asked,

“Yes it is darling and it’s going to be out soon, is your mum home? I asked as she nodded.

Ok then, I entered inside the house, while she shut the door.
I was greeted by the scent of cookies, I walked in to the living room and I met Noah, sitting watching TV.

“Oh look who’s come to visit, isn’t this nice, how have you been Irene? Noah asked smiling, he seemed so happy to see me.

“Oh am doing great, I see you’re doing fine, as well”, I smiled as he offered me a seat.

“You shouldn’t have come all the way, we would have come over to visit”, he said.

“Oh no its fine, take this as my workout routine” I smiled, just then Lily walked into the living room.

“Oh, hi Irene you’re really here, you suddenly told me this morning that you’ll be coming over, I was so excited and surprised too”, Lily beamed with happiness, I called her when I went out for my walk, I was indoors for long, I was either at the hospital for appointments or home, I felt stuffed so I decided to visit Lily.

“Yeah I always felt stuffed at home, I was either at the hospital for appointments or home, it felt tiring, so I decided to come”, I smiled right after I was done talking.

     Lily was baking a lot of cookies and biscuits so she could store them up in the fridge or in jars so Heidi doesn’t have to always buy snacks and eat it directly from her mum, as she made them healthy and baked then with great hygiene.

After a while of Lily baking, we sat in her room as usual and told stories for a very long time, I had the cookies too they were great, I never knew Lily was a good baker, they tasted so nice.
     She told me about how she would bully Jason all the time, with his video games and stuff sometimes she would take his phone without him knowing and he would search for it the whole day, so he won’t always play games or be on his phone, it got to an extent that he would intentionally give lily his phone, so he knows it’s with her and does not get to search for it the whole day making his heart beat so much, he’s scared he might get an attack, she really tortured the young boy, he must have had a hard time.

After staying a while at Lily’s I decide to head home, I reminded her about what we spoke about the previous day she had been at my house, to keep her eyes on Eartha and Alex for me at work, I bid the whole family bye and got into the car and the driver drove off, heading to the mansion.

      It was now few minutes past 7 as we arrived the mansion, I came down from the car with the help of the maids at the entrance, they always lined up front whenever anyone from the mansion returned home or is heading out, for visitors that were known it was just few of them, and those who weren’t known just one person would be there.
Entering the mansion I was caught off guard by Alex’s awful frightening gaze, I adjusted my dress and cleared my throat as I walked past him.

“Good Evening”, I blurted as I headed for the stairs, I was caught off guard by Alex as he grabbed my arm pulling me back.

“Good evening, seriously, good evening is all you can say after heading out without telling me were you went and coming back home so late”, he shouted as it surprised me as well as everyone in the living room.

Firstly Alex has never yelled at me this way, why now. I stared deep into his eyes as I forcefully let go of my hand off his. I started to walk towards the stairs again and this time he did forcefully almost making me fall to the ground, he pulled my hand backward.

 "Am talking you and you’re walking away, is that what we doing now Irene huh, walking away from each other, why are you doing this, give me a reason please”, he asked with anger and rage all over his face.

Don't forget to vote, by clicking the little star below ❤ thank you.