Chapter 11

I began flipping through the pages of the menu and woah, was this how expensive nacho was or did I not really recall myself buying any of this.

If i knew how expensive this place was I wouldn't have chosen it,"hey Irene, are you lost or you don't know what to eat ", Janelle asked,
   " err jay can we change venues this place has really gotten expensive than before",Janelle looked shocked as she burst out laughing grabbing attention from the table behind us," are you serious Irene, so can you please tell me why I work and earn, its not just for shopping come on go on and pick whatever you want ", she smiled," OK then I'll have just two meat balls and an orange drink"," that's it, two meat balls?

" OK fine its what you want I won't push further ", I  smiled lightly as I watched Maurice pack up our meals on a tray and approached us, she gently sets it down and...." Enjoy your meal", she spoke as she smiled lightly and walked away from our table to another table to take their order I guess.

                     **********
After about 30 minutes of eating and chatting and taking selfies, we left in our car, yeah as we came. We arrived home after a long drive, Rio was already drowsy as he was the first to leave the car and straight up to his room, I bid my mum and sis good night as I headed up to my room I had a big day tomorrow. 

I quickly changed my clothes, did my night routine and plugged in my phone to charge while I tucked myself in to sleep.

It was 5:15am when my alarm was buzzing non stop, I quickly turned it off as I continued sleeping, why did I even set it when am probably just going job hunting again, and then that was when it hit me, it was my first day at work and I was here still trying to sleep, my Adrenalin kicked as I hopped up from my bed to get ready.

I got dressed in My Monday outfit that Elle labelled for me, it was a black palazzo trouser,a pretty nude coloured chiffon top with a little pyramid shaped opening in front slightly on my chest, a pretty huge long black jacket to match the look and black flat shoes with bows in front of them, they looked cute and of course she never joked with bags, it was a black and grey stefflon designed bag, man it looked too expensive to be carried by me, if I ruined this with any touch of makeup Elle's not gonna care if am processed before she eats me.

I ran down the stairs as I greeted my mum, she was preparing some toasts for Rio," hey mamma good morning ", I greeted as I tried to hurriedly fix my hair slightly after running down the stairs," hey baby aren't you gonna wait and have breakfast," no ma I don't have time for that am gonna be late", I spoke as I took a toast from the plate on the dinning and held it between my teeth," bye ma!, I yelled as I rushed out to the bus stop, ensuring I don't miss the bus, gotta be there 8 sharp.

Few minutes after I reached the stop the bus came and I entered and sat at the closest empty seat i saw as the bus drove off......

Irene POV.

Deep down in my heart I was praying my first day  goes well, with no errors or mistakes, I got off the bus at my stop, it was already 7:35am as I walked towards the building, the doors were rolling doors so I had to wait a little to avoid being hit my it when someone was coming out or going in.

  I finally got in, I looked at the blonde receptionist and this time she had a name tag on her chest my the left it read " Brooke Evans", I leaned on the desk as I spoke," hello, good morning errrrr... am looking for where new employees are supposed to be meeting," err... OK miss, you'll take the elevator to the 7th floor and on your left, make sure to read the signs you'll see a room with a tag at the top,"Conference Room" that's where you go in for the new employee's meeting", as she smiled gracefully at me," thank you so much".

I replied retaliating the smile she gave me,as I walked up to the elevator, this time I confidently walked into the employee elevator, am officially now an employee I smiled to myself as I press the number 7 button as the doors closed.

     I hummed some songs as I was in the elevator, I hope they haven't started, as I looked at my wrist watch it was 7:49, I breathed heavily through my mouth feeling relieved as I reached the 7th floor. As Brooke said read signs I saw the room with the writing conference room on it and I entered in as i slowly pushed the door.

   In there sat most of the employees chit chating and I guess getting to know each other, in front was like a mini stage with 5 chairs and a long table with refined water and plastic cups for each seat with table tissue beside each. I scanned the room for the nearest empty seat to sit and I happened to find one just close to me with a guy sitting beside the empty seat," er... Excuse me is this seat taken?, I asked, he wore glasses and had monolid eyes, his hair was kind of midnight black and silk, it appeared soft, he also wore a very nice striped shirt the colour suited him so well it gave off his handsome sharp jawline," no its free you can seat", he said, I thanked him and sat down with my bag on my thigh and my hands on the bag, as I sat and hoped for the best.

Hey guys its the author here, well I tried showing the cast in a full new preview but my app kept stopping, so what I'll do is, I'll customise the characters as humans on each new slide of a story starting from episode two of the story so that you guys will have a glimpse of how the characters look like or are imagined, thank you.

Don't forget to vote, by clicking the little star below ❤ thank you.