Chapter 21.

"Good morning Dr. Alex, you're finally awake, how are you feeling now? Better, worse, any pain ? Valerie, Valerie, I called out to one of his maid, as she rushed in, "please get Dr. Alex a cup of chamomile tea would you",

- OK miss I will right away", as she bowed and hurriedly exited the room.

" At least let me speak, would you", Dr. Alex spoke his tone sounding a little annoyed.

"Am fine, i feel better, although my head is still throbbing a little, how long was I unconscious for? He asked,

" err.. I'll say about 7 to 8 hours", I replied trying to fix my hair a little to look more presentable, am sure my makeup is partly gone.

"Oh OK, and where's the nurse who's in charge of me?

" oh well you see Dr there were no sufficient nurses available at the hospital at the time of your incident, so I offered to bring you home and I was told of the few things I should do since of course there were no nurses present to do so", I finished my statement smiling slightly as I wondered when he'll give me a chance to go check my face in the bathroom.

"Well OK then", he uttered lightly, he did so with a sigh.

- if you don't mind please excuse me then", I smiled slightly again as I hurried into his bathroom. I entered in and quickly ran towards the mirror to see what I was looking like, and it shocked me that my makeup was still in place, oh OK, I sighed, I'll never get used to this.

I washed my hands and touched my makeup slightly as I grabbed a towel that was hanging there, I dried my hands and put it back in place, I was walking up to the door when suddenly I remembered something.

  I didn't ask for permission from Dr. Alex before coming in here, oh no he's sure going to chew me alive. I gathered up a little courage as I walked out of the bathroom.

  I looked towards where he laid he was now sitting on the bed and gently sipping the tea I ordered Valerie to get, while scrolling through his phone.

I moved closer to him as i spoke, "Am so sorry sir I used your bathroom without asking your permission am sorry it won't repeat it self again" I apologised as I bowed my head towards him, my hair all spooking out. He was so surprised that he spilled his tea all over himself, Irene what have you done.

"Am so sorry sir, sorry", I spoke while trying to clean up the tea from his chest area with my hands, as a pair of huge warm hands stopped me from what I was doing, and then I realized what I was doing. I gasped as I looked up at him and refrained from what I was doing, I pulled my hands away from his and kept them together close to my chest.

" Am so sorry sir", I apologised yet again.

"You really are clumsy Dr, and apologise for yet everything you do, its not bad but try to be less clumsy to avoid the too many apologies,you would have given me a burn on my skin, did you have to bend that low to apologise? He asked in an annoyed tone, - and with that, your hair scared the hell out of me, try to keep it up in a ponytail when working would you".

"Yes sir, I will, I sincerely apologise again sir" I bowed again but this time slightly than before.

His phone rang, he quickly picked it up and tapped the screen to answer, he voluntarily rose it up to his ear, but the IV rope was too short whereas jerking his hand back towards it and piercing into his skin deeper and impulsing him to drop his phone to the floor

"Ugghh!!!, he cried out.

" Dr. Alex, are you OK, oh no, sorry", I spoke as I ran towards him, holding his hand, his hand was terribly bleeding, - you should be careful, you don't have to work all the time, I understand its important but you have to take care of yourself too,I spoke with fear in my eyes as I looked up at him, - you're in this situation too because of this, you overwork too much, don't you know someone or people care about you too, how would they feel if you're injured or stressed out like this all the time, like your Nana or your older sister, please work less at times like this, at least try to heal first, and let mother nature take care of the rest".
    Tears began to well up bit by bit in my eyes.

I looked away from his gaze, there was now blood all over.

I reached for the first aid box across the table, I opened it with my other hand as I removed the IV gently from his wrist, I immediately treated it with the chemicals in the box, but he didn't seem to shrug from the sting of the antiseptic I used to clean the wound to prevent infection, he just stared at me deeply, it was as if he was searching for something, but could not find it.

He seemed extremely shocked, I gently wrapped the bandage around his hand and placed it on his thigh, as I closed the box, stood up and tidied up around where his blood spilled.

Valerie came up to the room, I guess she also heard the sound of me  yelling, she came in with another maid shorter than her and cleaned up again after me.

Woah that was intense, and what were all those things I said to him, Irene you really have a big mouth you know. Wow congrats you've won yourself a "Fired Letter".

"Err... Am so sorry sir, I sincerely apologise", i looked at him and he was still staring at me, I hid my face in shame as I tried to use my hair to cover my face, I really said much didn't i, I guess my whole moment with Dr. Alex is all and only about apologies, way to go girl you're doing so "great" my inner conscience was speaking, I hit my mouth multiple times, why did I have to talk way to past my lane, I guess I'll be fired before I even begin.

Just then, there was an impulse, Dr. Alex grabbed my hand stopping me from hitting myself on the mouth, I rose my head immediately from shock, as I looked in his eyes, there they were, fierce, green and bright, but filled with tears that where about to drop, he held so many emotions in his eyes i couldn't explain, just then he mouthed the name" Eartha".

Don't forget to vote, by clicking the little star below ❤ thank you.