Chapter 15

I woke up to the sound of my alarm yet again, I was so lazy to get up but what could I do, I had to eventually get used to it. I did my little workout routine, got ready for work, ate breakfast and left for the bus stop, I had to leave a sticky note on the fridge saying I wasn't coming home till the next morning, I had night duties this week how unlucky for my first duty, and we had to start together since its the first day before we continue normally by me arriving the hospital by 5pm in the evening to start duties, thank God weekends were free.

Janelle didn't come home last night, she said she had to attend one of her designers evening party, because the designer felt she didn't want anything to go wrong, of course Janelle was very humble and careful unlike me who was so clumsy, I guess she spent the night at a fancy hotel again, her life is way more interesting and blissful than mine.

It high time she gets a partner for herself, but unlike Janelle she feels he's going to show up at the right time, I really hope he does, and as for her business, it gets better and bigger, she's just so lucky, I think she can really make it big, her brand is getting popular by the day, am already excited for her.

I arrived the hospital earlier than I thought, I greeted Brooke at the reception, she gets more prettier more and more as I see her, she's blonde but she sure knows how to keep her hair so clean and pretty.

I walked towards the elevator, I had to wait because it was still coming all the way down, yes if your asking I haven't gotten an ID so I can't use the workers entrance where you'll use your ID to enter and stuff. As I was waiting I felt a little warm as I breathed in a very strong but fruity Cologne, a figure stood beside me, i bowed and greeted immediately.

" Good morning", as I raised my head to a straight faced Dr. Gemini, he took a quick scan at me from head to toe with a puzzled face and then looked ahead once again - so you finally got to use the employee elevator as a real employee this time huh, what? what did he mean by that, I was puzzled as the elevator arrived and we got in, I pressed the number 5 button and the doors shut, wait that sounded very familiar as I kept on thinking where I heard something like that from, and like waves it came back flowing to me, he was the rude guy the other day in the elevator I'll kill him this time for real, I thought as i folded the arms of my pretty blue top ready to throw a punch, and then it hit me, he was my boss, what did I think I was doing.

I would lose my job on the spot, but hey that's surprising how did he even remember me," of course I have an intellectual mind unlike yours", he suddenly spoke, it was like he could hear me,"yes of course I can hear you", he spoke yet again.

He turned around to look at me with a smirk drawn all over his face that made me totally scared and insecure. The elevator dinged and he got off first, I was still dazzled by what I just found out but managed to step out of the elevator too. Could he possibly hear me, no no no no I shook the thought out of my head, he isn't so smart to have such an ability.

I walked into our department, as i noticed only few of the workers had arrived, were they already late on the first duty day, I didn't even see any sign of lily, I saw Jessie and I greeted her by bowing. They all bowed and greeted Dr Alex as I walked into the locker room immediately to change into my work clothes, our lockers where assigned to us yesterday.
I came out of the lockers room ready to sign in when I noticed Dr. Alex walking towards me and some other of my colleagues.

" Where's Miss Aubrey has she signed in today? No sir, she hasn't, one of my colleague replied. "I have called her numerous times she isn't taking any of her calls, just then miss Aubrey hurriedly entered the office, - am very sorry sir I got caught up in a traffic, am sorry sir it won't happen again", she spoke as I noticed a scratch behind her leg, did she hurt herself while rushing in, poor Aubrey." Miss Aubrey where have you been and why aren't you taking any of my calls? " we..l. Si..r ", she tried to speak but of course he wouldn't let her, - this is your last straw Miss Aubrey, I don't give people any opportunities, but you're lucky to get one more chance from me so be wise with it, now bring me my schedule for today ",- yes Sir, she replied as he walked out and she ran hurriedly in the opposite direction, poor lady I pray she copes with all this stress.

" I always taught she was so lucky to have to work under him, I mean she won't do much of our work, but I guess its the other way round".

- wow wow wow, now Irene you really surprise me,haven't you heard anything about Dr. Alex at all, oh am not surprised you just started working here yesterday, you're a little slow on the news, but guess what, I have already heard a lot about him.

Lily spoke as I listened so eagerly, we were having lunch together as it was lunch break, she never seemed to amaze me, with the way she gets information too.

"Let me tell you, he's seriously so hard working and has no time for dating at all,
- really, doesn't his parents pressurize him or something, I asked.
" he lost his parents in a car accident many years ago, he lives with only his grandma now, and that's why he became a doctor, because his parents died in the hospital due to health issues and delay of the doctor's treatment. I heard too he has an older sister,- really that's cool.

"Yeah, she's a well to do fashion designer, she's the CEO of Gemini F, have you heard of that fashion company?

Don't forget to vote, by clicking the little star below ❤ thank you.