Part 16

"Rehan! Come and eat now!"His grandma called him, to which he hurried downstairs. "My room still feels the same! It's just like how I left it."Rehan smiled brightly as he pulled a chair for himself to sit.

"Obviously. I made sure everything stays just like how it was, I think it hasn't changed much since your middle school years. You still have those posters you bought  before leaving for boarding school."His grandma laughed at the memory of kid Rehan throwing a fit in the market to buy the poster.

"Well, that's some embarrassing memory you brought back!"Rehan said covering his face with both of his hands. Making his grandma laugh.

"What do you do in your spare time though? don't tell me your daily-soap dramas are still going on" Rehan asked pretending to be horrified. "I don't know what you are talking about? I stopped watching those decades ago" she huffed, "I go to orphanage quite regularly these days, cause the girl who used to look out for kids has gone to college for further studies, the kids miss her very much, so I try to keep them as busy as I can, it's a win-win situation, this way we keep each other company." she added further.

"So are you going to visit the kids still, or are you gonna skip cause I am here?"Rehan raised his brows as he washed his plate in the sink, "well you are coming with me to see the kids tomorrow, their older sister is coming on vacation as well. She must be around your age, So you will get good company as well. oh and wake up early cause we need to buy some stuff for kids as well? okay?" His grandma patted him, before leaving behind a pouting Rehan in the kitchen.

                                                                                         -x-

Sana hopped downstairs to wake the kids up just to find them already up and doing chores, "Good morning Sana Di!" They echoed as they found her standing on the door, to which she nodded in acknowledgment.

"Sana!! How are you?"Geeta said as she spotted Sana in the hallway, Geeta was a kind lady who helped them with the orphanage work every now and then, and Sana was glad to see her again.

"I am doing fine. How are you? am just so glad to see you."Sana said hugging her back. "You say so but it doesn't appear that you are. What's wrong? I thought you would be happy to see us all in college break?"She asked trying to read Sana's mind. "It's not like, it's just The kids have grown a lot, they don't need me for their chores anymore."Sana finally said what was on her mind since morning.

"Oho! That's just obvious, it's cause they are taught well by you they try to do things they can do by themselves, so they don't burden Uncle you know? You have taught them well. You should be proud of your kiddos, and don't think they won't love you just cause they don't need you for every work now, they love you a lot you should know that better than me!"She giggled patting Sana's back who just pouted knowing how silly she was being.

"Come help me with the grand lunch we will be having today! and oh by the way grandma will be visiting soon!"She added as she got up to leave for the kitchen, making Sana's face lit up as she followed her to the kitchen to help.

                                                                                          -x-

"What even are we doing Grandma? what more do you want to buy?"Rehan whined his hands filled with bags he wouldn't want to count. " Wait! I just want to get something good for my girl, I couldn't gift her anything when she got into college, so now is the time but I am confused about what I should get for her"His grandma said looking around the gift gallery.

"Just pick anything already! it's been half an hour" Rehan said irritated as his hands started hurting, "Fine just tell me which one among these two?" She asked picking up two lockets for Rehan to see. "Just pick anything seriously!"He rolled his eyes, "Ok then give me a minute to decide!" his grandma said with a shrug making him quickly rush over to the counter and look at the lockets, "This one!" he said picking up the simple locket with a flower-patterned pendant with a glow-in-dark stone in it. "I was going to pick this one only!" his grandma exclaimed admiring the necklace making him roll his eyes.