Part 25

"Did they all leave?"Rehan said to himself as looked around just when he was hit by something soft on his head, surprised he turned around just to find fuming Sana behind. 

"Where is everyone?"Rehan questioned trying to ignore the rage clearly visible on her face, "Do you know what time it is? Where do you think they are? They all went back! Where the hell were you? I have been waiting here for over an hour. Seriously!!"Sana fumed, "I...I... I just went to pick this up because Parth wanted me to... and you could have just texted me to come back at the orphanage instead of lakeside, I wouldn't have minded that at all.."Rehan said feeling bad about the situation to which Sana just stood there her mouth agape. 

"We could have done that..."She murmured to herself, feeling a bit stupid. "Here! Parth said you would like to have these."Rehan said forwarding the beautifully wrapped packet of cookies.

"It's fresh! I stood 30 minutes in the queue for it."Rehan said looking everywhere but at her.

"Why would he tell you to get these..."Sana mumbled, trying her best not to break into tears, "well... He had some urgent work- and the place is really far away but he wanted you to have your favorite cookies on your birthday, I guess. It's gonna taste the same, I didn't even touch it so you can have them without any worries."Rehan chuckled, trying to be funny so Sana feels a bit better. 

"These are just cookies... They aren't that important."Sana said looking away as she took a bite, "Maybe... but memories are."Rehan said softly as patted her shoulder comfortingly. "huh... He had to tell the story to you... I cannot believe him!"Sana huffed to which Rehan shrugged. 

"They...they used to be... tastier when Ma used to feed them."Sana said struggling with her words, They sat staring at the sunset as Sana cried silently eating the cookies. "yah! I went to get those, stood almost an hour, and came back, don't you think you should at least offer me to eat?"Rehan eyed her offended making her laugh between her tears, "Sure... sure you deserve it."Sana said stuffing the cookie into his mouth, almost making him choke.

"How do we get back to the Orphanage though? we cannot walk that much for sure."Rehan huffed, "Aren't you an alien to the middle-class way of living? We take bus genius!"Sana mocked him wiping her tears away, "Over there... no.9" She held up 9 fingers in front of his face just to annoy him to which he rolled his eyes. 

-X-

"Did you wait all by yourself for too long?"Rehan said as they got on the bus, "Not really- I just called Anu and you know when you call Anu time literally flies..."Sana chuckled. 

"By the way... Thanks for getting those cookies! I know they aren't easy to get cause they are delicious! but more than that, they do hold special memories as well- we used to go on the picnic, then dad used to get us these cookies, my mom used to feed me with her own hands! Those were good times!"Sana said as she stared out of the window. 

"Well it wasn't that hard, I mean... Parth asked me to get it- what was I supposed to say? No? Plus it wasn't a big deal, am not even tired or anything." Rehan huffed looking away embarrassed, "Yeah...Yeah..." Sana shook her head, wondering why Parth hasn't texted or called yet. 

"What did..."Sana trailed off as she found Rehan dozed off against the pole, "yeah sure you ain't tired AT ALL."Sana chuckled keeping his head on her shoulder, so he can have a peaceful nap without hurting himself, "I mean... You got the cookies for me... and a lakeside picnic was your idea as well... So I can do this much for you... It's because I am a nice person and am thankful."She murmured under her breath as she looked out of the window a bit flushed.

-x-