Part 28

The ride back to college seemed a bit too awkward for Rehan, he was sure he looked like a creep to many people as he caught a few of the fellow passengers staring at him with not a look that could mean anything good. 

But it wasn't Rehan's fault that Sana chose to be seated in a corner, knowing things have been not so good for the siblings in the last few days and not knowing what exactly was going on was eating Rehan up. He didn't wish to meddle in between but it looked like everyone other than him was aware of the situation- and it was simply frustrating- Rehan couldn't help but check on Sana as he tried putting pieces together on his own.

"Sana..." Rehan called her out as they got down on their stop when he spotted Anu and Yuvi rushing towards them. "Sana...." Anu's screeching voice almost made Rehan go deaf. 

"Oh my god! I missed you soooo... so much!"Anu chirped engulfing Sana in a bone-crushing hug, "Anu... I might die.."Sana managed to say struggling to get out of her hold, making Anu hit her playfully. 

"Can I hug you as well Rehan?" Yuvi nudged Rehan making his eyes go wide warning Yuvi not to dare, "Yah! Rehan why won't let him hug you? You and your toxic masculinity! Hug him Yuvi there is no need to ask" Anu pouted nudging Yuvi to go for it, to which Yuvi opened his arms just for Rehan to move back. "Yah! seriously you need to stop, it won't look good to beat you up in a public place Yuvi." Rehan glared at him, just for Yuvi to look at him with a pouty babyface as he tried catching up with now almost running Rehan, making Anu and people nearby crack up.

-x-

"You are kinda quiet... Is everything fine?" Anu asked as Sana sat down looking through the menu on the canteen for the day, making Rehan look at Sana curious. "Oh! I noticed you guys came together by the way... What is that about? Did you two were together throughout the vacation."Anu teased but her eyes widened when the two looked away, "Woah! Really? That's really something now" Anu laughed, "We are family friends nothing else." Rehan said trying to frame his words, not willing to disclose something that Sana didn't want to. 

"Why don't you tell us how are things between you and Yuvi now" Sana said quickly changing the topic as she eyed Yuvi at the counter and then Anu, earning  a quick shy smile "Don't talk nonsense, It's not like that." Anu flushed red as she tried hiding her face almost under the table to which Sana laughed, making Rehan realize it has been long since he watched her laugh.