Part 36

"Why even? Hey, why are you crying?" Sana asked almost whispering as she pulled Rehan so he faced him. "I already said am not crying." Rehan sobbed moving away from Sana. 

"Why are you here?" Rehan asked as Sana stood there frowning, "ah...  I just came to check on you, because Yuvi was worried."Sana said shifting uncomfortably trying to hide her backpack as she moved. "Yuvi asked you to check on me?" Rehan raised his brow not believing her even a bit. 

"Why are you here?" He asked again, picking up the books and arranging them back on his shelf. "If you are here deliver some message from Granny be quick... I don't have the whole day... umm...Night" Rehan said as he checked the time looking out of the window. 

"Granny sent over some things for you! She asked if you can make it on your Birthday this time? it will be nice if you can call her."Sana said as she picked up some stuff from the floor to help Rehan arrange his room again. 

"Okay, I will. You can leave now." Rehan said not looking at Sana pretending to be busy arranging his stuff, "Ouch!" He turned quickly hearing Sana wince. "Who told you to pick up the glass pieces with your hands... are you 5?" Rehan hurried by her side with the first aid box. 

"It's fine. It's just a small cut." Sana said but Rehan pulled her to sit next to him ignoring her words, "Seriously? Who told you to clean my room, Can't you be careful?" Rehan shook his head as he took out the bandaid to use after cleaning the cut a bit. 

"Am fine, really" Sana said as Rehan stared at her hand, "Are you doing fine? You didn't tell anyone you have your birthday coming up." Sana said trying to strike a conversation, "My birthday ain't a happy memory for me, so I don't even bother celebrating." Rehan said looking directly at Sana, who cursed in her mind for making things more uncomfortable. 

"My parents decided to get separated on my Birthday, leaving me alone at my Grandma." Rehan said as he got up from the bed, "What do you have in that bag ?" Rehan asked as Sana tried pushing the bag with her leg after listening to Rehan.  "Ah... It's... it's" Sana tried to find an excuse but her brain blacked out, giving up she pulled the gifts out making Rehan raise his brow. 

"um... um...Grandma sent this and Mr.Shekhawat wanted me to pass you this, and this... this one is from me- I felt weird coming empty-handed knowing it's your birthday. It's 12, Happy Birthday... I guess" She said pushing the gifts on the desk now looking at him, who blinked at her blankly.

-x-

"Does he bothers you asking stuff about me? My... Mr. Shekawat?" Rehan asked after a while as he stared at the gifts on his desk. "He asks a lot of questions, but it's not a bother. I like how curious, excited, and genuinely happy he looks when he talks about you." Sana bit her lip as she looked back at Rehan who scoffed. 

"You can just tell him that we aren't that close and not to bother you questioning about me. I mean he left me when I needed him, why bother checking on me now?" Rehan said shrugging, "Rehan." Sana called him out softly making Rehan turn to face her, "You realize that time is passing each moment right? You realize that you and your parents are getting old right? I am not saying that what they did was right. There is no way what they did was right if you suffered because of it. But life is unpredictable you know... and it's never too late to try mending things if you can."